Threaded View

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts

Indycar tech and JPM

Hopefully you guys won't incinerate me for starting this thread, but even F1 publications have made a note about the latest Indycar technology.

Last weekend, i watched the Mid Ohio Indycar race, mostly to check out Juan Pablo's run to a possible Championship (and boy is it getting tight!). I've always loved his fighting spirit and still think he should have stayed in F1.

Anywho, after watching a few laps, i noticed that they run big LED displays on the cars just behind the driver's head that display current race positions and when they enter into the pits, you can see the display count down the seconds that the pitstop takes. They even displayed the letter PP for Push (button) to Pass while the driver was attempting an overtake.

I have to admit that i don't watch any Indycar (too much an F1 junkie), and i didn't realize that this Ohio race was the first time that they actually tested that system. Either way, there was an element of interest there while watching the race and perhaps this would be good for F1, too. This morning, i read on German F1 site Auto, Motor and Sport that they took note of this tech and wondered the same thing.

Anybody else have thoughts on the LED technology?

Btw, hope Juan can hang on to the end and win the Indycar Championship!
    Last edited by kfzmeister; 9th August 2015 at 16:50.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent