Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I was falling asleep during the middle part of this race. Then, right before the race started getting great my cable went out!

" Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Fantastic race. To be frank, much like Belgium last year I can't believe that Ricciardo got no penalty for that incident with Rosberg, it was totally avoidable, though, unlike Nico last year, Ricciardo's was unintentional. I guess it's just Karma biting Nico in the ass.

Interesting race and a pretty clumsy one from Hamilton. He could have won with ease today. Now for the stupid summer break.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Not sure why Hamilton is so eager to accept the blame for what was a combined team and driver mistake. If the launch system on Merc was working properly, Vettel would not have got past in the first place. However, once the place was lost, the mind set should have been for the long game, which is where the fault lies with Lewis. But the man is a fighter and jostling to get back in the frame is what the racer in him instinctive attempts to do. This why he is exciting to watch. Shame it did not quite work out. On the whole it has not made any significant difference to the world championship fight. He has increased the gap rather than lose any to his nearest rival.

You have to remember that he drove nearly 30 laps with brake issues.

4. Likes: truefan72 (27th July 2015)
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Fantastic race. To be frank, much like Belgium last year I can't believe that Ricciardo got no penalty for that incident with Rosberg, it was totally avoidable, though, unlike Nico last year, Ricciardo's was unintentional. I guess it's just Karma biting Nico in the ass.

Interesting race and a pretty clumsy one from Hamilton. He could have won with ease today. Now for the stupid summer break.
    Ricciardo didn't get a penalty because Rosberg cut across him. Racing incident but 100% Rosberg's fault.

6. Likes: truefan72 (27th July 2015)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears View Post
    Ricciardo didn't get a penalty because Rosberg cut across him. Racing incident but 100% Rosberg's fault.
    The pure definition of a racing incident is that neither driver is at fault and it couldn't be avoided so really your argument doesn't hold up here.

Rosberg had the racing line, Ricciardo had lost the move, Ricciardo should have backed out. Ricciardo was the only one of those drivers that could have prevented that incident from occurring. Up until the point where his wing hit Rosberg's he could have backed out. 100% his fault - definitely not a racing incident, imo.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 27th July 2015 at 14:08.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Ferrari schooled Williams on how to win a race after both of your cars win the start from Mercedes. The lessons were:

1. Make sure that the faster of your cars is in the front.

2. Pit stops must be fast and well-timed

3. It's helps when Mercedes cars have an altercation on the first lap, and then keep touching other cars the rest of race ;-)

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The pure definition of a racing incident is that neither driver is at fault and it couldn't be avoided so really your argument doesn't hold up here.

Rosberg had the racing line, Ricciardo had lost the move, Ricciardo should have backed out. Ricciardo was the only one of those drivers that could have prevented that incident from occurring. Up until the point where his wing his Rosberg's he could have backed out. 100% his fault - definitely not a racing incident, imo.

This was somewhat a clumsy race of Ricciardo. He also spun wheels and had a pretty poor start. By the 3-4th turns, he lost of a whole lot of positions. I am surprised with the team order was given to Kvyat to let through his teammate.

Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    So F1 stats gurus, how long is it since there was a race where there has NOT been a Merc-powered car in the Top 5?

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greencroft View Post
    So F1 stats gurus, how long is it since there was a race where there has NOT been a Merc-powered car in the Top 5?
    Good question! No Mercedes engine in the top 5, I hadn't noticed that fact. It's almost as remarkable as the top 4 drivers all being Red Bull driver programme graduates. Or even more remarkable, when you put it this way: A Honda-engined car beat all the Mercedes engines

12. Likes: rjbetty (28th July 2015)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I checked the records and it seems to be Japan 2013. The best Mercedes was 8th. It was a Red Bull 1-2 with a Ferrari, two Lotus-Renaults and two Sauber-Ferraris making up the top 7.