Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Have allready all forgotten that one could not buy Group A parts or cars from Mitsubishi in the nineties.

2. Likes: Mirek (28th July 2015)
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    If I remember well they actually sold two factory cars to the customers. One was maybe for Andrea Aghini in Italy and the other went for Michal Gargulák to Czech republic. Anyway You have a good point. Two cars don't change the rule.

This is the Czech one, later it was for a long time used in hill climbs by David Komárek but the car was a lot modified from the original rally state.
    Last edited by Mirek; 28th July 2015 at 01:21.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If I remember well they actually sold two factory cars to the customers. One was maybe for Andrea Aghini in Italy and the other went for Michal Gargulák to Czech republic. Anyway You have a good point. Two cars don't change the rule.

This is the Czech one, later it was for a long time used in hill climbs by David Komárek but the car was a lot modified from the original rally state.
    If my infos are correct, those two cars were never factory cars, they were kits that you could put together yourself. The currently existing "ex-works" cars (de Koning, Walfridsson, etc.) are also interesting, as most of them have an old Evo V chassis rebuilt to Evo 6.5 spec. But this is off topic

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Thanks. Do You have an explanation why those cars had British registration plates then? I don't remember the history but I thought Gargulák bought it as finished car not as a kit.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    As I remember it, they (Mitsubishi) did not sell either cars or parts for the sake of taxes. If you only have a promotional company it is other taxes for the company than if one also produces parts and cars for sale.
    It is possible that this also applies to VW.

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Thanks. Do You have an explanation why those cars had British registration plates then? I don't remember the history but I thought Gargulák bought it as finished car not as a kit.
    Not sure about that, but maybe that car was built through Mellors Elliot Motorsport. That is only a guess, but Tagai's car also went there for a small rebuild in 2008, so they have some connection to those cars.

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    It´s a matter of sportsmanships behavour. Now they only playing masters keeping everything for themselves.
    What about Slowly Sideways, some millionaires on Eifel Rallye 2025?