Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

The most up to date list of F1 teams that will never win any titles again

1. McLaren
    2. Lotus
    3. Williams
    4. Red Bull (not yet confirmed)

Are there any other teams missing from the list?

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    I'm really not sure about McLaren - they have been down before (late 1970s/early 1980s, mid-1990s), only to bounce back with some of the most dominating cars F1 has ever seen (1988/89 McLaren-Honda; 1998/1999 McLaren-Mercedes). 2018 could well be their year
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Never? Not even in 30 years time? Ouch!

Who knows, even Tyrrell may win a title in 30 years time! Just like Lotus has been reincarnated under new ownership and had more than a decent car in 2012-2013.

Generally predicting long-term is very hard. That's an understatement. Actually it's impossible. I guess when a decade ago Renault, Ferrari and McLaren were competing for titles, not many thought the next decade would be competely wiped by Red Bull Racing and Mercedes with its own team, leaving legendary teams like Ferrari or McLaren titleless!

For all we know, Monster Energy Drinks might buy a team one day in attempt to replicate Red Bull, and get lots of titles in the 2020s.

So you could say that even Ferrari may never win another title. There certainly was a period, when they didn't win a WCC for 16 years or a WDC for 21 years.

Other than that... who knows.

4. Likes: andyone (18th July 2015),gm99 (15th July 2015),rjbetty (15th July 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Never?

Who knows, even Tyrrell may win a title in 30 years time! Just like Lotus has been reincarnated under new ownership and had more than a decent car in 2012-2013..

So you could say that even Ferrari may never win another title. There certainly was a period, when they didn't win a WCC for 16 years or a WDC for 21 years.
    Or Brabham going on 48 years now for WCC. Should've won in 1981 and 1983, but they were just a one-car team then.

What's Alfa-Romeo?... 64-65 years now?
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

6. Likes: jens (16th July 2015)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Mercedes-Benz went 57 years between their Grand Prix victories in Italy and then China.

Quote Originally Posted by AAReagles View Post
    Or Brabham going on 48 years now for WCC. Should've won in 1981 and 1983, but they were just a one-car team then.
    Wait what?

1981 - Piquet / Rebaque
    1983 - Piquet / Patrese

I think you'll find that Patrese won the 1983 Seff Effricen Grand Prix. That'd be even more amazing in a car that didn't actually exist.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

8. Likes: jens (16th July 2015)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    So who do we think might win the constructors titles in the next 10 years then?

Mercedes will get this one, and probably next year too.

Maybe Ferrari? Will Allison and the tech team get them past Mercedes or will they plateau a bit, since the cars led by him at Enstone 2005-2006 and 2012-2013, though very good were possibly a little short of the absolute best, especially the latter two.

I guess Ferrari will edge closer next year, but I can see them concentrating on 2017 and the new rules early next year.

What about McLaren? They are doing terribly right now. I didn't panic at their low starting point but I didn't imagine they would still be clear 9th best at halfway. Even so, I still don't think it's time to write them off forever yet. They could still make a good turnaround next year. I mean who would have thought Ferrari would do so well before winter testing this year, or Williams at the same time in 2014? Even one year can make a big difference.

Mercedes should still be there in 2017 if their tech team is stable (though a few guys left already, it seems to take up to a couple of years for tech people additions and losses to take full effect). They still have big resources and money.

Lets not completely write Red Bull off. There has been talk they could bag a Merc engine next year, but then again they would be controlled as a customer and probably not be too far ahead of Williams. They have also lost Newey and his deputy Prodromou.

Lotus/Enstone have lost too many people and resources. I can't see them challenging soon, unless Renault buy them, start investing and get the new rules right.

Williams - no. Would need more people and resources to beat Merc with the same engine.

That leaves Force India, Toro Rosso, Sauber, Manor and Haas. A LOT can change in 10 years.

I personally think the 2022-2023 championships will be a walkover for Monster (lol).
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

10. Likes: jens (16th July 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Wait what?

1981 - Piquet / Rebaque
    1983 - Piquet / Patrese....
    Like I said, a one-car team...
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    1. McLaren
    2. Lotus
    3. Williams
    4. Red Bull (not yet confirmed)

Are there any other teams missing from the list?
    Have to completely disagree with three of four of these. F1 is cyclic and teams always ebb and surge, it is the way of things.

McLaren hve been down before and come back strong. Honda will succeed with their power unit, they in all honesty entered F1 a year before they were ready and always intended to use this season as a development and learning year, remember the ridiculous rules have ensured that they can do less development than other manufacturers, so they have had no chance to catch up.

Lotus can't win another title mainly because they haven't existed since 1994. By this reasoning Brabham wont win again either. The Enstone black painted team has nothing to do with Lotus and has never won a title as Lotus, although they did win two as Renault (that wasn't really Renault a decade ago). The naming of the black team as Lotus is nothing more than a marketing ploy to attract fans and money, Proton sponsor the team and they use their Lotus branding on it. It would be like calling Williams Martini racing.

Speaking of Williams, they can find their way back to the very front. All they need to do is find a better tactical brain to call the tactics and design a car that works well in high downforce mode. Everything else is there.

Red Bull came from no where to dominate with well designed cars and a decent engine from Renault. Currently the Renault half of the team is poor and with Adrian Newey stepping back from the lead design role, this has gone backwards. IF Red Bull stay as RedBull there is no reason why they can't rediscover their edge, especially if the Mercedes/Aston Martin deal actually happens

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    ... I personally think that the 2022-2023 championships will be a walkover for Monster. (lol)
    My bet would be on the energy drink (future team?) appropriately named Redline.

Careful with that stuff btw. There's a reason why truckers refer to it as 'liquid crank'. It's a buck more than Monster, w/less ounces to drink. But it WILL keep you awake ... and give you an attitude if you drink too much of it - over half a bottle (more than 4 oz.).

That explains why you need a magnifying glass to read the numerous warnings on the label; everything from being pregnant to having a diagnosed history of mental health issues (which would include just about everyone these days).
    Last edited by AAReagles; 17th July 2015 at 08:20.

14. Likes: Mia 01 (17th July 2015),rjbetty (17th July 2015)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    The Enstone black painted team has nothing to do with Lotus and has never won a title as Lotus, although they did win two as Renault (that wasn't really Renault a decade ago)
    And don't forget the two as Benetton a decade before that... they are about due again