Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

will Lotus see out the year

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...tion-adjourned
    LONDON (Reuters) - A winding-up petition brought by creditors against the Lotus Formula One team has been adjourned for two weeks.
    A spokeswoman for the Companies Court in London said on Monday that the claim against the Enstone-based team, title winners in a previous existence as Benetton and Renault, would be heard on July 20.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Yes, because Renault will buy the team for $1 and payoff the creditors at a fraction of their debt

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

3. Likes: airshifter (7th July 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Yes, because Renault will buy the team for $1 and payoff the creditors at a fraction of their debt

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    Renault, or maybe VAG will see this as a way into F1

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    One way or another, some kind of financial or ownership restructuring will be necessary for the Enstone team. The main issue here is that Genii Capital has sunk way to much money into the team trying to find a wealthy buyer, and now they just can't let it go. They think that by hanging onto a money-losing team they will somehow get the money back either directly from the team or by selling it to a third party at a ridiculous price. By hanging onto the losing asset for too long Genii Capital made a classic investor mistake. The real solution is to cut their losses now, and sell the team to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by zako85; 7th July 2015 at 14:03.

6. Likes: truefan72 (7th July 2015)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I certainly hope so. Watching the tight battle between the midfield teams has been the highlight of the past two seasons for me, and I would say a lot of other fans as well. I want to see Force India take the midfield "championship", but I'd like to see Lotus place well too - then Toro Rosso, then Sauber... then McLaren (a lesson in humility will do Ron some good, I believe).
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith