Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I just wanted to know why Rosberg was able to catch up to Hamilton at an abnormal rate, when conditions meant the driver contributed most to performance. Not everything other than that.
    I that case, l suppose the wetter part of track where Hamilton was, was 2 seconds a lap slower than the drier part of the track that Rosberg was. Same car, different track conditions. Nothing particularly spectacular going on buddy.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I just wanted to know why Rosberg was able to catch up to Hamilton at an abnormal rate, when conditions meant the driver contributed most to performance. Not everything other than that.
    Cause he's magic like that.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I that case, l suppose the wetter part of track where Hamilton was, was 2 seconds a lap slower than the drier part of the track that Rosberg was. Same car, different track conditions. Nothing particularly spectacular going on buddy.
    If you've got no idea. then don't bother trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Cause he's magic like that.
    More plausible than what Nitrodaze has said.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    If you've got no idea. then don't bother trying.
    Oh Rosberg, How sublime he drove. Like a magic carpet, he floated across the wet tracks of Silverstone like nothing since Fangio. Blinding drive wasn't it. With a bit of luck he would have won the race, don't you think.

hmm

5. Likes: Jag_Warrior (14th July 2015)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Oh Rosberg, How sublime he drove. Like a magic carpet, he floated across the wet tracks of Silverstone like nothing since Fangio. Blinding drive wasn't it. With a bit of luck he would have won the race, don't you think.

hmm
    The tire pressures on Hamilton's car had gone down and due to this his tires were finished. That's why Rosberg was so much faster.

7. Likes: truefan72 (15th July 2015)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The tire pressures on Hamilton's car had gone down and due to this his tires were finished. That's why Rosberg was so much faster.

NO! Everyone should just admit that this proves Nico Rosberg is much better than Lewis and always was.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

9. Likes: airshifter (20th July 2015)

hmm
    Like I said. If you've got no idea, don't bother trying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Hamilton's tyres may've been finished, and the pressures may've gone down. But Hamilton stopped on lap 20, and Rosberg stopped on lap 21. Rosberg had the disadvantage of being stuck in the dirty air of both Williams, effects the tyres even more that the clear air Hamilton was in. Whatever Hamilton suffered. In theory, Rosberg should've suffered as well.

Can you explain why Hamilton's tyres were shot and pressures fell because of it, and Rosberg's car didn't suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    NO! Everyone should just admit that this proves Nico Rosberg is much better than Lewis and always was.
    Even with the smilie. It's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Hamilton's tyres may've been finished, and the pressures may've gone down. But Hamilton stopped on lap 20, and Rosberg stopped on lap 21. Rosberg had the disadvantage of being stuck in the dirty air of both Williams, effects the tyres even more that the clear air Hamilton was in. Whatever Hamilton suffered. In theory, Rosberg should've suffered as well.

Can you explain why Hamilton's tyres were shot and pressures fell because of it, and Rosberg's car didn't suffer?
    Well, the likelihood, is that he simply managed his tires better on this occasion. It's not the first time we've seen Rosberg be faster than Hamilton in those conditions due to better tire management. I think this area is probably Hamilton's greatest and, possibly only, weakness as a driver right now. It's an area he needs to improve on. If he can do that, I think he would be the quickest and most complete driver on the grid, even surpassing Alonso.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Here's my guess at why it happened like that. When rain starts to fall, it often results in gaps closing up. There is a psychological effect of the current leader feeling they have more to lose in the treacherous conditions, and a practical one in that the leader is the pathfinder who has to guess the grip on each part of the track, while the follower can gauge the leader's pace. The effect becomes self-reinforcing as the follower pushes harder, and keeps more heat in their tyres, while the leader drives a little more conservatively and as a result loses tyre temperature sooner.

Well, at least that gives me something to think about.

My guess is that in the position of desperation. Rosberg just smoked him, and Hamilton had no answer on the track. If Rosberg was annoyed. I suspect he'd be ruing the fact he had Hamilton's number, but his advantage was negated by a fortunately timed stop and rain tyres.