Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

King Seb and his invisible suit .

It seems that Seb had his lawyers involved when Red Bull was thinking of punishment regarding his not obeying orders in the "multi-21" scandal .

That's according to Webber , in his tell-all book .

If it's true , I have a hard time figuring out how they could trust him to work for them at all .
    Brutal , weaselly behavior .

I was starting to like Seb , too .
    But now I hope the black cloud over Kimi floats above Vettel instead .

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I think teams need to tighten their contracts because if a driver can threaten to sue over a team order, something is very wrong. It undermines the whole superiority of a team and suggests a driver can think they are bigger than the team that employs them.

I wonder if Ferrari are reading through Sebastian's current contract hoping they've got everything covered? lol. Considering how loyal Red Bull appeared to be to Seb for so long, it's odd how he chose this route. I wonder if Seb actually left Red Bull on his terms or did they put all the support behind Daniel without giving him the option to re-new his contract? Makes you wonder.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    But is it treu? It is in a book written by the other driver in the Multi21gate thing and I am betting there is a disclaimer written into the novel as well?

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I, for one, will purchase Webber's book, just to read about their relationship. A bunch of details have already been leaked and it sound juicy to me, since i'm not a fan of the German.

Webber claims that Seb came up to him during the Malaysia podium and said that he needed to talk to Mark and that he really f*%2ed up. Mark told him that they would discuss it the next race weekend. Before the next race weekend, the Seb/ lawyer letter showed up at RB informing them that in case they decided to punish Seb for Multi 21, it was against his contract to exercise team orders. So, not only did RB do nothing, but the next time Seb saw Mark, he told him that he had no regrets and that he respected him as a racer, but not as a person.

What a thing to say, imo.....
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    But is it treu? It is in a book written by the other driver in the Multi21gate thing and I am betting there is a disclaimer written into the novel as well?
    Would it be wise of Webber to make something like that up? It's an autobiography not a novel and Webber is a straight up type of guy.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    Before the next race weekend, the Seb/ lawyer letter showed up at RB informing them that in case they decided to punish Seb for Multi 21, it was against his contract to exercise team orders..
    This is really the crux of the matter here, if true. If Red Bull writes such a contract with a driver, then smart people will always look for details and clarification. Car designers look for loopholes to design a faster car...

Before people blow things out of proportion again ("omg, evil Seb"), I understand this specific case has nothing to do with Webber, but bureaucracy between Red Bull and Vettel. Many (prominent) people consult with lawyers to get clarifications in vague matters.

You can be sure Vettel is a smart guy and WILL turn his attention to such things. After all, unlike other drivers he is his own manager. And from I understand, negotiated his lucrative contract with Ferrari by himself. Which means he should know his contracts basically inside out.
    Last edited by jens; 3rd July 2015 at 09:33.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Webber is just like many other second drivers, he was always being conspired against by the team, was always given inferior equipment, was always given the car that mysteriously broke and was always going to be a real title threat next year. Much the same as Coulthard

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    the crux of the matter is liking a driver with such and nasty character and finding a way to justify his behavior. you can give me a ton of contracts that grant him the right to be a douche... I still wont like him because he IS a douche. and I hope no one gives me the 'they're all the same' routine because it's not true. They're not all sneaky spineless weasels. and I don't know another one that behaves like a annoying horny teenager either.

9. Likes: kfzmeister (4th July 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    and I hope no one gives me the 'they're all the same' routine because it's not true.
    Well, let's put it this way. They are all weird in their own way. Like we all are. So yes, in this way they are all the same. You can always find reasons, why to hate somebody, or why to like somebody. There is a pretty big chance you have misunderstood Vettel, I'd say.

Liked 37 Times in 20 Posts
    Vettel had full right to bring his lawyer because his employer violated the rules of the contract. Horner knew he could not punish him because he issued team orders against Vettel illegally. Both parties had agreed on such contract and it should have been respected. Vettel is clearly not a stupid guy.