Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    Well, first of all I would like to apologize all of you for my morning mystification. Skoda surprised me in good way.

Second: Does it mean Al Attiyah and all 3 Skoda guys will score points in WRC2? Nobody is skipping the registration to this round to score points in Wales instead of Spain?

Third: Do you think Pontus somehow canceled his registration from winter? He has registered himself into WRC2 before Swedish rally. Is it possible to cancel it after one round and get your money back? ...I am confused why there are 3 "SKODA Motorsport (I and II)" cars if they can register Pontus as privateer. (You know what I mean) and Skoda can pay the start directly to Pontus.
    All those guys must be registered for WRC2 as otherwise they would be in the bottom half of the entry list. I highly doubt Tidemand would be able to cancel after Sweden. If he'd done that he'd only have six scoring rounds not the ideal seven. It wouldn't make sense to do that? Maybe it is just to reward Kopecky and also to perhaps try to do some team orders?

Or maybe they want WRC 2 decided for Lappi either way before Wales so they can put him in a fourth Polo

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Neither Tidemand nor Kopecký were planned for full WRC2. Both had only selected rounds while Lappi was the only one planned for whole championship.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Simmi: I agree with you. You know what I meant. Registration of brand new team "Skoda motorsport II" costs money. Why don´t they use 2x "Skoda Motorsport I" +1 x"Pontus Tidemand". Do you think it is because of they are so proud they want the name "Skoda motorsport" on the car? I would prefer to have the money in my pocket.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Neither Tidemand nor Kopecký were planned for full WRC2. Both had only selected rounds while Lappi was the only one planned for whole championship.
    Sure but I doubt that Skoda planned at the start of the year to enter 3 cars in Spain. Clearly something changed from the original plan.

Tidemand drove his way into the chance of a WRC2 title so it's not a surprise they will give him 6-7 rounds. Maybe they wanted to reward Kopecky but Lappi was more confident about Spain than GB? Not that he's done either before.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Edit: sorry, I see your point. Probably, like Simmi says, it's an extra entry for Kopecky. Entry fee will be small fish for Skoda, assuming they even make them pay it.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 64 Times in 21 Posts
    Try and get as many cars between Lappi and Nasser! Nasser was very strong on the gravel last year but had an RRC so time will tell!
    Really nice entry, good quality through out the field, can't wait to go now!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I believe that the original plan was to take the portion of events for Lappi and split it between Tidemand and Kopecký whose main targets were elsewhere (and which they both achieved). What came between was most likely result of lobbying from Even Rally.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Turan and Duffy with Fiesta R5. Good see some different names.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    How can we find out which WRC2 driver has choosed this round to make points or just to participate?

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    How can we find out which WRC2 driver has choosed this round to make points or just to participate?
    Last column says which chapionship they are registered for
    http://www.rallyracc.com/2015/descargas/inscritos.pdf

11. Likes: AL14 (6th October 2015)