Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Its obvious all of them consider them self to be superior. But most of em are wise enough to not speak in public about it. Not so much dear Lewis on hand. And ofcourse, this is common knowledge so for me it´s a line as the other. The "Monkeys at the back" is still haunting my memory. If only he got Fernados seat.
    I take it you don't know the story about the context of the 'monkeys at the back' comment and how Lewis came to know about it then? lol

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    There is honour in being the dutiful #2 .
    http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-283076.html
    Sebastian Vettel threatened to sue Red Bull over the 'Multi-21' affair of 2013.

That is the explosive revelation in Mark Webber's newly-published autobiography Aussie Grit
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    They both have great personalities. I love them.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I think the team can excuse a driver for what the more sensitive types like Bagwan perceive as anti team comments. They control strategy so have more of a say in how each drivers races are managed. It's banter, perhaps a British thing? Nico and Lewis have exchanged tongue in cheek insults for some time and are rivals for the championship. They are also not the first rivals in history to try and get under each other's skins. They certainly won't be the last.

The chances of these two becoming perfect sterile PR robots is about as likely as somebody on here saying something complimentary with Lewis Hamilton in the same sentence and getting a 'like' from Mia 01.
    I know you don't like defending his mouth , Mr. h , but do remember that's because he says stupid $hit all the time .
    That really is one of the reasons I like him .

His candor , now that he's free of "handlers' , is worth the price of admission on it's own .

I wish somebody else on the grid would say something dumb so that we could have a laugh together about it , henners .

I'm getting tired of this place , sadly , and I've been here since 2001 .

Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-283076.html
    Sebastian Vettel threatened to sue Red Bull over the 'Multi-21' affair of 2013.

That is the explosive revelation in Mark Webber's newly-published autobiography Aussie Grit
    Yeah , that's not pretty at all , is it ?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I know you don't like defending his mouth , Mr. h , but do remember that's because he says stupid $hit all the time .
    That really is one of the reasons I like him .

His candor , now that he's free of "handlers' , is worth the price of admission on it's own .

I wish somebody else on the grid would say something dumb so that we could have a laugh together about it , henners .

I'm getting tired of this place , sadly , and I've been here since 2001 .
    Unfortunately it's difficult to laugh about it because the history on this forum has been anything but funny when discussing this particular driver. I don't see anything dumb in Hamilton's comments on this occasion either. If anything I like that he has matured and its comments like this that demonstrate that in my opinion. He's got fighting spirit and is looking to unsettle his title rival. That's world champion behaviour is it not?

It could be worse he could be suing his team for messing his strategy up at Monaco but the thought of that was absurd until the article above came to light. Imagine if that was Lewis and not Seb? Lewis gets his own thread for something far less controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Unfortunately it's difficult to laugh about it because the history on this forum has been anything but funny when discussing this particular driver. I don't see anything dumb in Hamilton's comments on this occasion either. If anything I like that he has matured and its comments like this that demonstrate that in my opinion. He's got fighting spirit and is looking to unsettle his title rival. That's world champion behaviour is it not?

It could be worse he could be suing his team for messing his strategy up at Monaco but the thought of that was absurd until the article above came to light. Imagine if that was Lewis and not Seb? Lewis gets his own thread for something far less controversial.
    Not so sure he's matured as much as you think , and still think it was a dumb thing to say , but I agree that a little trash talk is greatly needed .
    And , certainly , a world champion should be cocky enough to issue a few unsettling comments .

And , you're right about that Seb thing , but , to be fair , Hammy said his lines before the Webber tell-all was reported , so that's why this thread started first .

I'll head back and start one on that weaselly , Sebastian , right now .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    The way I see it, if the teams that pay them the big money aren't too upset with it, then it's all good. A little smack talk has long been part of racing, and just because these guys are at the pointy end of the sport doesn't mean their comments should always be taken to heart.

If I was a team order a clearly visible line in the sand might be drawn for the drivers to see, and a reminder of contractual obligations mentioned from time to time. But being I am hundreds of millions of dollars short of that position, I'll leave it up to the actual owners and teams to decide how to keep their drivers in line.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I wont comment on what the teams should or shouldn't do with their drivers. I'm sure for them it's not all so black and white like it is for me. I have a very long armchair expertize after all. I'm sure juggling with these primadonas is not such an easy experience. Most of the times a smack in the head should do but I'm pretty sure contracts don't allow it and what would you do when they throw a hissy fit and start crying anyway?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Hamilton has this issue, when he looks dominant and in control he takes his eye off the ball and throws his advantage away.

2007 he somehow did it. (not all his fault)
    2008 he looked set and again, nearly threw it all away.
    2014- Should have been further ahead, but somehow made it look harder than needed.

2015 - Its happening again. He could have won almost all races, but has taken his eye off it again and has been caught. He needs to get his arse back in gear.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

11. Likes: rjbetty (4th July 2015)