Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts

Lewis didn't say he wouldn't help .

But , he did say that he didn't want Nico to win , if he couldn't , himself .

This cat says some of the darnedest things .

He wants it to be a one-two for Merc , but only if he's in that first position .
    Doesn't seem selfish at all , does it ?

I guess he never wants to be the dutiful number two .

Well , guess what , Lewis ? Nobody does , but some of the best have played the role .

And , you just wrecked your team mate's motivation , should you need a back-up , if the Reds get too close .

And , last , but certainly not least is what it says to your team .

He's a great set of hands with a crazy mouth attached .
    I love it .
    Bernie called him the best ever , and I'm starting to come on side .

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Hamilton/Merc topics are reminding me of the good ol' days of the ground-zero Schumi/Ferrari discussions; may the forum flash-point-debates continue.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    *News flash*
    Competitive Formula One driver has a selfish mindset and wants to be number one in his team and winning instead of his team mate.... Shock horror on a slow news day.

4. Likes: 306 Cosworth (28th June 2015),Tazio (29th June 2015),truefan72 (30th June 2015)
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I am the polar opposite of Bernie, in that I think Lewis is one of the worst F1 champions the sport has ever had.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14 View Post
    I am the polar opposite of Bernie, in that I think Lewis is one of the worst F1 champions the sport has ever had.
    Can I ask why? I don't believe him to be the best or the worst. Just interested as to what makes people have their views.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I am not precisely a Lewis fanboy, but I can't see anything wrong with what he said. He's not racing to give Merc a championship, he's racing to win it for himself. So what could possibly be wrong with hoping that your main rival for the WDC doesn't win races?

8. Likes: henners88 (28th June 2015),Tazio (29th June 2015)
    Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    It was nice to see Lewis actually wishing Nico Happy Birthday on his Instagram page yesterday.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    It amazes me that some people whom have been avid followers of F1 for so many years can be surprised that a racing driver is selfish, as though it was something new and unexpected. It's the first and foremost rule of thumb if you're a racing driver, particularly if you've made it to F1, you're selfish and that's it. Hardly a shocker!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th June 2015 at 11:24.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Selfish is the wrong word to use here. If Lewis was selfish he'd want everything for himself, but that wouldn't explain why he'd single out Nico. Unless he hates Nico for some reason, and I don't think he does. This is about ego and reputation. If a non-Mercedes driver wins, Lewis can always say the machinery was the difference, and still carry the belief that he is the better driver. If Nico wins, the machinery can't be blamed and Lewis has to admit to himself that he is, at most, the second best driver.
    This is a completely normal thing for anyone who's competitive enough to get into F1 to say.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Can't imagine Senna or Prost were fussed about each other winning if they didn't. Probably hoped the other would retire.

Even Vettel. Can't imagine him being happy to play second fiddle to Webber those years at Red Bull. I think most F1 drivers want to beat everyone. If they can't I imagine deep down the would want anyone but a team mate to win. As it would only be showing them up.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy