Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austrian goat

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Bernie Eccleston:

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...product-062015
    "I was talking to some engineers the other day and I told them that I was always pretty good at selling used cars, and I still am," Ecclestone, 84, is quoted in an interview published in French by the AFP news agency.
    "But I told them they have given me a crap product to sell," he insisted
    - Fox Sports, 20th Jun 2015

No Bernie, you've enforced a crap product on them.

Don't complain about the quality of racing when you send F1 away from countries that have 60 years of tradition behind them. Don't complain about the quality of racing when the rules lock in advantage forever. Don't complain about the quality of racing when you try to extract millions of dollarpounds from everyone.

Seems to me that the only common component of the is the greed of Bernie Eccleston.

Perhaps F1 could spend some development tokens and upgrade him to a Boris Johnson.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

2. Likes: journeyman racer (24th June 2015)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Hmmm..... I can't think of anyone. Most who were bad have been bad all season.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Clearly Kimi. Track with def lack of grip (see Merc on Sat), starting with the harder compound, coming out of a corner again and losing it with too much accel. I'm glad they didn't try that mapping excuse again.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

5. Likes: donKey jote (22nd June 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I did not see the first lap incident so Hamilton for me....that error on the pit lane exit was a rookie mistake, ruined any chance of any possible battle for P1 in the last stint.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

7. Likes: A FONDO (22nd June 2015)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Raikkonen.
    The right rear wheel nut on Vettel's car.
    McLaren.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    McLaren. Not only they're not improving, they seem to be getting worse. They can't even use races for testing. It's interesting... I haven't seen such a flop since that team with the stupid earth livery.

Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    McLaren. Not only they're not improving, they seem to be getting worse. They can't even use races for testing. It's interesting... I haven't seen such a flop since that team with the stupid earth livery.
    To be fair, McLaren's time with the Peugeot engine project wasn't much better - "the engine was generally regarded as a "hand grenade" due to frequent failures in testing, qualifying and races" - sounds familiar!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greencroft View Post
    To be fair, McLaren's time with the Peugeot engine project wasn't much better - "the engine was generally regarded as a "hand grenade" due to frequent failures in testing, qualifying and races" - sounds familiar!
    I only started following F1 in 1996, so that was a little before my time.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Cannot look past Kimi for this one. What an amateur! Time for the man to retire - the game is up for him and, after today, he is all out of excuses - big time!

He hasn't been the same driver for nearly 9 years now. Go home Kimi!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    "that team with the stupid earth livery" actually got better once they ditched their engine supplier...

There's so much hillariousness with that statement.

That team went from 8th and 9th to World Drivers and Constructors Champions two years later. They currently lead both the World Drivers and Constructors Championships this year; having won it last year. Their engines are excellent.

I suspect that the MP4-30 chassis is probably all right. The common component with the "that team with the stupid earth livery" and the MP4-30 is their engine supplier.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!