Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

2015 Le Man 24 Hours Thread

Have not had time to set up much, but incase anyone is interested I thought it about time to start the thread
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    yes it is about time good idea, don't know if more forum members are interested...it's more rallying I guess. I arrived at LM yesterday, great weekend ahead looking forward to this; one of greatest line up for years

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    I think this is one of the few forums were there isn't that much interest in WEC/ Le Mans. Whereas most other forums the opposite is true - and the WRC gets little interest.

I've often said that if the WRC ran Sportscar racing we'd have the 4 Hours of Le Mans on the Bugatti circuit.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Neel Jani's 3m16.887s is the pole time and it looks like Porsche have a 1-2-3 lockout in qualifying. Audi have taken 4-5-6 and Toyota are 7-8.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounin View Post
    yes it is about time good idea, don't know if more forum members are interested...it's more rallying I guess. I arrived at LM yesterday, great weekend ahead looking forward to this; one of greatest line up for years
    This forum was originally named Rallyforum.com Just try to write it down on your browser... and will see.
    https://sites.google.com/site/cmr2cars/ - cmr2 skins and 3D models made by NOR
    http://www.TWOBASSES.CZ - Low frequency, but high quality music

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Wait what?

Even though the three Nissans have set times that would have put them 11th, 12th and 14th, because they have failed to meet the 110% qualifying minimum, they'll now be demoted to 30th, 31st and 32nd despite being faster than the 18 or so cars ahead of them.

This is nuts.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Here we go. Time for 24 hours of racing

Who else is watching?

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Whatever happens, Audi usually ends up smelling of roses. They can also win without having the fastest car; through reliability, know how & race management.
    I would like to see either Porsche or Toyota win, I've had enough of the 4 rings winning; plus the majority of their road cars are utterly bland.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I would expect Audi to win.

I remember the days when this thread had good chat. All a bit point less these days.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Well as mentioned before on different sub-forums, the decline of interest is somewhat due to lack of widespread coverage (here in the states at least), and the vast forms of other entertainment. Maybe when 'Go Like Hell' hits theaters, there will be a boost... hopefully.

Don't care much for the Hollywood culture, but I'll root for P. Dempsey in his class (like I would Garner, McQueen and Newman) since that provides more exposure - possibly - to folks who have yet been bitten by the racing bug.

Other than that, I'm Porsche all the way. Hard to believe it's been 18 years since their last pole here (Michele Alboreto - Joest Porsche).
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On