Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    He doesn't judge his performance but "analyzing" mistakes, failures, bad luck or whatever else from behind the screen of his computer. But the most important thing is he judges him equally with rally drivers with years of experience. It's not right is it? Even if you don't appreciate the progress, speed, stage wins on all surface etc. RK has achieved, you need to realize that he has less than three years of experience in rallies at all. Not mention about his limitation. It's funny how some trolls expect miracles and people from WRC (drivers, experts, team bosses) respect what RK has been doing. Paddon said in interview that it took him all his career to get that speed that RK already had when he joined WRC, and all he needs is experience that you can get over years. That sums up all discussion.
    Every word is again bingo, some people here just don't want to see it how good he is. Yes, maybe not a future worldchamp but he's a guy what bring's that extra to the WRC. Compare him only with Raikkonen and all is said. I'm judging him on basic of experience & budget and so far he's a lot more further than most other fast drivers, even Paddon acknowledge that. But even if that kind of drivers respect Kubica's performance, some people here just seem to be happy to be negative every time they can.

2. Likes: janvanvurpa (4th October 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Kubica should stay home next year and if possible for the rest of the year as well... he is nothing.
    You like this are you? In the end only a few drivers are really good in your opinion. But what can you ? You only bashing most of the drivers, negative in general, what a sad life do you have...

4. Likes: janvanvurpa (4th October 2015)
    Liked 94 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    We keep hearing talk linking Neuville with a move away from Hyundai - but honestly unless he can go to VW (which aint happening) surely his best chance of a good result is with Hyundai.

I would have thought to see out the final year of his contract in the only brand new car out there gives him the best chance of success. Then after that everything is seemingly reset for 2017 and no one has a deal yet.

Literally his other options are privateer Ford (certain pay cut) and a Citroen team which may or may not even be around in 13 months time. Or take a year out to test full-time with Toyota - but his stock is not high enough to do that I don't think.
    I think you are right, from all the options Hyundai is the best I think. Enough budget and good set up team as well in the factory with engineers and designers. Questionmark; now is the potential of the new 2016 car. Only Neuville himself can find out by testing as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Nothing wrong with Kubica in the wrc, more cars, more fun. Especially one that can snaffle best ss times.
    Again, better Kubica kind of drivers than the kinds of Prokop or Al Qassimi. And even those drives i don't blame to be driving in the WRC. Why should you if you love this kind of sport

Neuville season is dramatic. He thought 2015 was the season in wich he could take the fight against VW but it didn't. Compare it to McLaren Honda in the F1, Alonso (and even Button i think also) had a lot of other mindsetting before the season. For Neuville, he will be hoping the next car is a bit better and maybe the gap will be a little closer. Citroën and Ford won't bring any major updates on the current car anymore so the best is to stay where he is. After 2016 a lot of contracts will end, then we would see some changes for sure.

Question: is there any news about M-Sport / Ford staying in the WRC after 2016 ??

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Question: is there any news about M-Sport / Ford staying in the WRC after 2016 ??
    Usually they aren't certain for the coming year. I think I read somewhere they'll test '17 car second half of the next year....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    While it does seem like they tend to work on a year-by-year basis, Malcolm Wilson has already talked about the 2017 car and how they don't expect to be testing before the back end of next year. So I'd say they have every intention of being there.

I really hope the new regulations might tempt Ford back - especially with this new 'Ford Performance' rebirth on the roadcar side. Although that does seem a bit America-centric.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Without that day one puncture Sordo's pace/consistency would have been enough to put him on the podium.

From a British perspective I really hope Evans can hold onto second place. I was hoping for more of a fight this morning but I think the writing has been on the wall really ever since Latvala got a sniff of victory.

After Evans I've been very impressed with Paddon again. He's setting some great times. You can see him learning and building at these events - not just throwing in fluke fastest times like a Tanak.
    Yep, Paddon has been also impressive here, getting better and better with each day. i would also say the same about Mikkelsen, after Friday has he also been very good.

and about my man Tänak, you could see that he had been already given up after the shakedown. He has no confidence at all in these mixed conditions which is weird because in Monte this year he was very good. This is very weird rally, he himself is very cool and happy with the result but he is just nowhere and he hasnt made any progress at all since germany and it seems he doesnt even bother to try to go faster on some stage. He is having exactly the same case as Evans had in Australia, they dont know themselves why they are so slow.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Msport is the only sure participant at wrc as long as Malcolm run this business.