Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    The race was a trifle boring only saved by Vettel and Massa, but Alonso's pit-radio rant was hilarious
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    I respect everyone's opinion but still can't explain to myself how would one rate this lower or as low as the last two races - Monaco and Catalunya.
    Well with one team taking the checker flag - again - and again - and again, is something I will never get accustomed to.

When McLaren nearly swept the calendar in 1988, it was impressive because that had never happened before. Clark/Lotus in 1963 were the only other instance to remotely come close to such a shut-out.

But that didn't mean us fans wanted to see similar repeats of that kind of performance, like we've been subjected to on numerous occasions the last 15 years.

And yeah, my rating of the race was off the hook; but the only reason I didn't rate it as a "zero" was because nobody got killed. Thankfully.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    10. You can't go wrong in Canada.

Somewhere on wikipedia it stated that the most watched sporting events throughout the years were:

1. FIFA World Cup Final
    2. NFL Super Bowl
    3. F1 Canadian Grand Prix

HA!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    6. some things worth watching as Vettel and Massa drove through the field, but same old follow the leader garbage at the front.

Even though it was quite funny to hear Fred spit the dummy, I genuinely feel sorry for him and Button. No driver wants to be in a bloody tractor, then to be told to slow down, because not only is your pile of crap off the pace with no power, but it is slurping up more fuel than the fast cars as well. Can't really have a go at Fred for his outburst, he has put up with it for 1/3 of a season with no sign of improvement.
    Last edited by anfield5; 8th June 2015 at 03:27.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    That's the kind of SOS (Same Old #¥%!) work environment that causes a driver to question if the risk is worth the reward... if it ever comes.

It'd be nice if someone pulled a mid-season-hocus-pocus, like team Williams did in 79'. It would at least make it more interesting for the rest of the schedule - as well as next year. But with today's wide array of competitive tech already involved, I think the chances are slim for that to happen.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Satisfied with the result, gave it a 7.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I'll give it a 4. I watched some clips of old races where drivers spun into this stuff called gravel, and were out!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    7/10

Good, enjoyable race, despite the fact Mercedes had it in the bag before it started. One extra point for Maldonado actually having a decent race without crashing into anything.

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    When what is normally one of the most if not the most exciting races turns out as dull as this one did, it is a real turn off. I am struggling with maintaining interest in devoting 2-3 hours of a weekend to watching F1 but guess like a lot of guys here, we live in fear of missing the race that turns out to be exciting. My rating for Canada, a lowly 2/10.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greencroft View Post
    we live in fear of missing the race that turns out to be exciting.
    Exactly