Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Isn't it the fault of FIA/ERC organizers, that local crews don't compete? Who introduced the idiotic tyre rules in ERC?
    No, it's not. The job of FIA and the promoter is to bring more regular crews to the championship and that point is being achieved.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The job of FIA and the promoter is to bring more regular crews to the championship and that point is being achieved.
    Is discouraging local crews the job of FIA and the promoter as well?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Jarek, we have discussed that already before. The point is that mandatory registrations while discouraging one-off starters are very good for bringing more regulars. Every time it's something for something. You win something and loose something else. You can never win in every point of view. In my opinion it is much more important to bring regulars who do let's say 5-8 events than to have plenty of crews who start only once per season. That's healthy for particular events but not for the championship and quite clearly the championship is what is more important.

Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
    Jarek, we have discussed that already before. The point is that mandatory registrations while discouraging one-off starters are very good for bringing more regulars. Every time it's something for something. You win something and loose something else. You can never win in every point of view. In my opinion it is much more important to bring regulars who do let's say 5-8 events than to have plenty of crews who start only once per season. That's healthy for particular events but not for the championship and quite clearly the championship is what is more important.
    Wrong...

What i see is that the majority of drivers only do 1 event. Look at my home rally, the Azores...

This is the year that i see less interest in this rallye by the locals... No one really liked the entry list and if it wasn´t the portuguese drivers no one would really care. I must say that i prefer when we had 2 or 3 big names in the old ERC.

And reading some news here, it seems relations between everyone are not great.

The rumor is that the Governent and organization are really pissed about the lack of coverage, the calendar and many other things. They don´t understand why they are paying more and getting less.

FIA wants to promote WRC and it is creating this stupid rules to make ERC less interesting. This is by far the worst year. No big names, no big teams. I remember a couple years ago everyone writing that ERC would become much better than IRC, because of the R5. Reality is far different.
    Last edited by Fran2013; 3rd June 2015 at 18:36.

OK, let's have a closer look. In 2015 You have 32 non-Portuguese entries. In 2014 it was 25, in 2013 it was 27, in 2012 it was 14. In the ES era of ERC it was therefore 14-25-27-32, in percentage it's 2012, 2013 +79%, 2014 - 8%, 2015 +28%.

Do You think that attracting 32 foreign crews to such a distant place is bad achievement? I for sure don't considering how many problems starting on Azores means for mainland teams. The championship changed with less manufacturer entries and with juniors playing far bigger role than in the past. Maybe You don't like it but I suggest to have a closer look on these guys as they are the future of the sport.

And no, not everyone wrote how R5 would do ERC better than IRC. I don't know who wrote it but it's nonsense.

OK, let's have a closer look. In 2015 You have 32 non-Portuguese entries. In 2014 it was 25, in 2013 it was 27, in 2012 it was 14. In the ES era of ERC it was therefore 14-25-27-32, in percentage it's 2012, 2013 +79%, 2014 - 8%, 2015 +28%.

Do You think that attracting 32 foreign crews to such a distant place is bad achievement? I for sure don't considering how many problems starting on Azores means for mainland teams. The championship changed with less manufacturer entries and with juniors playing far bigger role than in the past. Maybe You don't like it but I suggest to have a closer look on these guys as they are the future of the sport.

And no, not everyone wrote how R5 would do ERC better than IRC. I don't know who wrote it but it's nonsense.
    The organizers want big names. They want publicity. If they don´t get it the government will not give money. Do you think they liked this date ?

No, they don´t like to have many foreign drivers. More costs and problems

So if they want few top drivers instead of large international field why are they part of the championship? Why don't they buy two or three top drivers instead? Sorry but this is worth a serious facepalm if it's meant to be serious.

9. Likes: pantealex (4th June 2015)
    So if they want few top drivers instead of large international field why are they part of the championship? Why don't they buy two or three top drivers instead? Sorry but this is worth a serious facepalm if it's meant to be serious.

???

Publicity ? Live TV ?

Why do you think they didn´t authorized the "Volcano stage" after knowing that no live tv was scheduled for this year event ?

Why Ypres thread has more replies than SATA Rally thread ? Because of the entry list...

How much buzz the rally is getting ? None

Do you really think that if Skoda or Solberg was there it would be the same ?