Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I wonder how do you calculate drivers performances at qualy, races, and random variations. Do you use the same data for all season or do you update them using the stats of this season races?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Well it's just a guess really. There are no exact calculations for variations.

But I kinda go like, say last year, Valtteri Bottasabout 0.94sec off Rosberg on average, since Rosberg had the best average. The

Then I consider that on his best day, Bottas did get or would have got about 0.2 off pole. Then that's a variation of about 7tenths.

I also consider their worst qualifying the same way, not including quals with major issues for the driver.

It's not the most exact way but it's the best I got and turns out fasirly accurate mostly.

@Jens well the final round came between Hamilton and Jenson ! Jenson only qualified 17th or 19th though and was 10pts behind Hamilton.

As I remember he either retired or had problems and finished well down, like 17th, so Hamilton took the title. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise since he would always be right up there in real life, though I may not have factored in that I think he's still a little less than rock solid sometimes in actually making the results happen. Like I said, this was my test run!

So in the end Grosjean had just enough points to pip Alonso for 3rd, despite his season ending with a few no scores.

I can't remember who was 5th but I think Rosberg got up to 6th in the end after a so-so first half of the season. He tends to not sparkle when I the pack, and remember I was going on 2015 form, where you could say Rosberg maybe doesn't look as strong as last season.

Vettel finally won the last race to vault up but the damage was done. He would have been right there without problems. I also should have made Kimi's race pace much better, as in real life he seems pretty much equal to Seb there. Also Alonso's race pace should have been hiighyer as though his qualifying's been a bit meh compared too Button, I seem to notice he goes much stronger in races.

Kobayashi also got 2 podiums, in Monaco and Spa, while Vergne was on pole at Monza!

P.SP I think it was Ricciardo in 5th and Bottas 7th, I'm quite sure. RIC had some poor luck as you said, otherwise he looked very strong, while Bottas faded slightly after his fgood start. I think I gave Grosjean too much race pace, even a tiny bit too much in quali too.

I think Perez and Hulekenberg were 8th and 9th and maybe even Vergne got 10th or 11th. I can't remember. So as it turned out Kimi and Vettel didn't get the rub of the green, but I will run this again sometime and see what I can do.

Also, apologies for bad typing. I only have a tiny bit of screen left and can't see all the words. I a;sio have to zoom right down to tiny letters to read stuff.
    Last edited by rjbetty; 7th June 2015 at 06:27.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I will get my new screen on Tuesday. It sure had better be the right one. Everything I looked up tells me it's an LED one I needed. Well I've paid for it now so that's that.

I will run a more complete simulation as soon as I get a chance.

If I give the performance figures up front, see how much you agree with them. Now's your chance to moan before the season goes ahead!

Qualifying - based on 2015
    1.Hamilton
    2.Vettel +0.10
    3.Ricciardo +0.10
    4.Rosberg +0.14
    5.Alonso +0.16
    6.Grosjean +0.19
    7.Bottas +0.20
    8.Button +0.21
    9.Hulkenberg +0.25
    10.Massa +0.30
    11.Perez +0.30
    12.Raikkonen +0.39
    13.Kvyat +0.41
    14.Maldonado +0.43
    15.Sainz +0.79
    16.Verstappen +0.89
    17.Nasr +0.94
    18.Ericsson +1.24
    19.Stevens +1.48
    20.Merhi +1.64

RACE
    1.Alonso
    2.Hamilton +0.04
    3.Vettel +0.06
    4.Raikkonen +0.12
    5.Button +0.13
    6.Ricciardo +0.15
    7.Rosberg +0.22
    8.Bottas +0.24
    9.Perez +0.26
    10.Grosjean +0.30
    10.Hulkenberg +0.30
    12.Massa +0.38
    13.Kvyat +0.41
    14.Maldonado +0.70
    15.Verstappen +0.82
    16.Sainz +0.84
    17.Nasr +1.00
    18.Ericsson +1.23
    19.Stevens +1.56
    20.Merhi +1.64
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    If I give the performance figures up front, see how much you agree with them. Now's your chance to moan before the season goes ahead!
    Ok, but instead of moaning I think maybe I should post my own figures... Or try to figure out my own figures (pun-intended).

For starters Kvyat and Sainz IMO are better qualifiers than that. I'd put them ahead of Raikkonen and Perez, for example.

The race pace different between Grosjean and Maldonado is too big there. In Qualis Gro is ahead, but in races they often run together. The difference is that Maldo makes mistakes and drops behind. How do you factor that in? Because in terms of outright pace he is fine.

Stevens and Merhi a tad better, right under the rear wing of Ericsson.

Verstappen's race pace to be better. He has repeteadly run in 7th and 8th positions. This also means Sainz would be better than currently shown.

OK mate... I am now really nitpicking here. Maybe I should really just think of my own figures then.