Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts
    Petter we want u back in WRC

2. Likes: dimviii (8th October 2015),makinen_fan (8th October 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Time of both passes?
    sick dog pace...

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    sick dog pace...
    That is because you were not nose end first enough. Weren't you?

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    went through twice the ss 3-7 today, really nice stage some great places to watch on both Gravel and tarmac decision will be tough, even some of the hairpins in that stage could be fun to watch.
    I have been going through SS 3 today and for me it is absolutely uninteresting stage. First part is uphill on wide tarmac stage, like hillclimb race, nothing for rally. Rest of tarmac part is also disaster, too wide and too fast, not interesting for drivers or spectators. Same it is with gravel parts, too fast and too wide. Only interesting places are tight hairpin in first village after long downhill, two or three tarmac hairpins in the middle part of the stage and gravel parts very close to last return from gravel to tarmac. I must say that tarmac parts of this stage are really fast and uninteresting and all czech rallies should be ashamed for using it...

I was also going through SS 4 from Kineta to Mykenae, this was more interesting and also more spectacular.

After rain during last night some stages will be very difficult. SS 5 was really crazy during recce tonight. And I expect it will be interesting in water splashes on SS 1...

After rain during last night some stages will be very difficult. SS 5 was really crazy during recce tonight. And I expect it will be interesting in water splashes on SS 1...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I have been going through SS 3 today and for me it is absolutely uninteresting stage. First part is uphill on wide tarmac stage, like hillclimb race, nothing for rally. Rest of tarmac part is also disaster, too wide and too fast, not interesting for drivers or spectators. Same it is with gravel parts, too fast and too wide. Only interesting places are tight hairpin in first village after long downhill, two or three tarmac hairpins in the middle part of the stage and gravel parts very close to last return from gravel to tarmac. I must say that tarmac parts of this stage are really fast and uninteresting and all czech rallies should be ashamed for using it...
    the first tarmac part is stupid but it will gather a lot of people because of the hairpins most of greeks go to rallies for the hairpins and to eat at the local taverns and have absolutely no idea what they are there for or any rally knowledge whatsoever.

I disagree with the gravel and the tarmac sections though. The gravel section has at least 2-3 very interesting parts and driver choices could be different especially around the fast downhill S corner around the 13.5k mark which is the one i will probably be in for the first pass, about the second time through i am undecided.

The village hairpin is indeed interesting since there is a quite big difference in elevation from one road to another but today i watched the organisers putting some big bags full of sand infront of the electricity pole and that might limit visibility. the corner with the big cut around 400 meters after the hairpins will be good i think especially on the second pass.

here is the google street view of the village hairpin... the elevation cannot be seen but is at least 1-1.5 meters.

https://www.google.gr/maps/@37.77365...2!8i6656?hl=en

another hairpin which could be interesting is one shortly after the village one (do not know exactly where because i do not go to rallies for 1st 2nd gear corners) because there is a very steep downhill straight section before for at least 300 meters (maybe more) but the narrowness of the road is a disadvantage for any crazy acts.

the very fast downhill tarmac part i think needs a lot of bravery from the drivers and there are 1-2 places where you could definitely see who is the man and who is the dog, the only lowside is that visibility is not that good because of the trees and the fact that the gravel section is more interesting for me at least.
    Last edited by N.O.T; 9th October 2015 at 00:41.

10. Likes: dimviii (9th October 2015)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (9th October 2015)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Lambros Athanassoulas's Skoda was blessed by the priest. Does anyone know how much of an influence that can have on his stage times?

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...53308667_o.jpg
    https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01557716_o.jpg
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!