Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So why should God bless one driver (car) and not another or all of them? Does he have favourites? No. Everyone is equal in his eyes.
    The priests blessing was surely only for a safe rally, not for their victory.

A prayer cant do any harm with some of the unusual dangers here !

#M-SPORTER

2. Likes: Jarek Z (9th October 2015)
    Alexey Lukyanuk: "It's a brain-breaking thing to understand how to drive the Acropolis Rally stages"

#M-SPORTER

Breen PET video:

https://youtu.be/Xp4KVkxfgrs
    #M-SPORTER

The crews of the SEAJETS 2015 Acropolis Rally had a first taste of the Special Stages of the event, after rounding up the first day of Recce. Their program consisted of 2 passes from the Special Stages Klenia-Mycenae, Kefalari and EKO Racing Ziria that will be held on Sunday 11 October.

QUOTES
    1 BREEN Craig - MARTIN Scott PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    “The conditions we faced today were not very nice, because of the mud. But that’s how it is. In the last stage we had a rear right slow puncture.”

2 KAJETANOWICZ Kajetan - BARAN Jaroslaw FORD Fiesta R5
    “The stages are really fast, with fast tarmac and gravel sections. The second one is very slippery, while the last is very fast at the beginning. The last part of it is very tricky.”

3 LUKYANUK Alexey - ARNAUTOV Alexey FORD Fiesta R5
    “The stages are quite interesting and different than those we are used to, more twisty and rocky. The mud makes the surface very slippery and if it rains, it will be hard to predict how it’s going to be.”

4 CONSANI Robert - VILMOT Maxime CITROEN DS3 R5
    “The second stage was very slippery with a lot of mud. The first one is very nice and the last one is in my opinion too fast, especially at the beginning. I didn’t like the last one.”

5 MAGALHAES Bruno - MAGALHAES Hugo PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    “The second stage we did recce today is very rough, while the third is too fast. The second was muddy, because of the rain and will be much more different than the third one. The first stage we did today is known from last year.”

6 TARABUS Jaromir - TRUNKAT Daniel SKODA Fabia S2000
    “The Special Stages became more difficult after yesterday’s rain. The last stage is very fast, while the second one is slippery, muddy with many rocks. I’m sure it’s going to be interesting.”

7 MARTIN Charles - SALVA Thierry PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    “The Special Stages are very pleasant. They will be very difficult if it rains, especially because some downhill parts will be very slippery due to the mud. In general, the Special Stages are very fast and we will have a lot of fun.”

8 TLUSTAK Antonin - KUCERA Ladislav SKODA Fabia S2000
    “The second stage was very muddy, while the first one is known and nice. The last one was really fast, but I didn’t really like the tarmac part of it.”

9 JEETS Raul - TOOM Andrus FORD Fiesta R5
    “The gravel stages are always nice. The stages we did today are very demanding technically and also very difficult, as there are many places you can get a puncture. The last was very fast, but in general I think that the Special Stages are quite slow, they are slower even than Cyprus. Everything will depend on the weather.”

10 ATHANASSOULAS Lambros - ZAKCHEOS Nikolaos SKODA Fabia R5
    “The stages are very nice, at least for the moment. SS Klenia-Mycenae is in very good condition, as well as SS Ziria. After what we saw from SS Kefalari during the afternoon, this stage was also in good condition and except from a few muddy places, the surface was good. There are planted rocks on the surface, which is hard, but I expected worst conditions there. In general, the Special Stages are good. Of course they have been better, but if we take into account the recent downpour and the period we are in, then they are in good condition.”
    #M-SPORTER

6. Likes: dimviii (9th October 2015),N.O.T (9th October 2015)
    Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The priests blessing was surely only for a safe rally, not for their victory.

A prayer cant do any harm with some of the unusual dangers here !

all these goats are going to be in pens by the time of the event... if they are not, there are many ways spectators to take advantage of that some of which i recommend and are local favourites.

9. Likes: raybak (10th October 2015)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    just came back from service park.
    Plenty of competitors are confused about the weather, and what tyres they have to choose.

Bluuford any news about the weather for Saturday and Sunday?

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Today it was all day hot weather. Actually it looks like no big rain expected. Locals talks that maybe very small rain tomorrow evening and maybe something also on Sunday evening. But nothing serious like two days ago.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Today I was going through SS 5 and SS 6. I must say, SS 6 is quite similar disaster like SS 3. First part on tarmac is bumpy and wide, but with more corners like in SS 3, for me it looks like on Rally Bulgaria. Second part is very wide and very fast gravel with few hairpins before finish. For mem SS 3 and 6 are the worst stages of the rally and if they will not be included in itinerary, it should be better. Lot of liaisons are more beautiful than this two stages.

SS 5 is completely different story. First part is uphill on wide gravel with fast and slow corners following faster part on the top. But in the middle of the stage character completely change to very narrow and bumpy road on red gravel, which is very slippery (and in wet conditions it should be really, really interesting - I think that 2WD cars has no chance to go through in rain conditions). Together with Mycenae stage, SS 5 is the most beautiful stage of the rally for me (I must say, I havent seen SS 1/2).

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Today it was all day hot weather. Actually it looks like no big rain expected. Locals talks that maybe very small rain tomorrow evening and maybe something also on Sunday evening. But nothing serious like two days ago.
    The official website says something else - that there is a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday morning:
    http://www.fiaerc.com/thunderstorms-...ay-erc-stages/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!