Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    My fear is that in 3-4 years all countries will do like this. Portugal was praised for a similar policy. In Germany you almost ha to bring binoculars with you to watch the cars.
    no it will not be like that in the rest of the events.

Only the British have that obsession with health and safety (not just in rallying, in their normal lives as well) and the ridiculous thing is that even though they are complete retards about it, they still manage to have casualties in rallies... they guys are just useless.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

Only the British have that obsession with health and safety (not just in rallying, in their normal lives as well) and the ridiculous thing is that even though they are complete retards about it, they still manage to have casualties in rallies... they guys are just useless.
    Not immediately, but that's a very shortsighted view. The lawsuit culture here is just following on from that in the US and it will only trickle onwards towards the rest of Europe. As others have mentioned, France and Germany have also been highly prohibitive of free-roaming spectators and it's worrying to think that one of the most enjoyable parts of rallying might be taken away.

I can't believe it will be easy to enforce though, bearing in mind the sheer numbers of spectators roaming the stages I was on last year, all of whom adhered to staying out of restricted areas. They would have to require these compounds to be three or more times as big as previous years if they think they could manage it.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Not immediately, but that's a very shortsighted view. The lawsuit culture here is just following on from that in the US and it will only trickle onwards towards the rest of Europe. As others have mentioned, France and Germany have also been highly prohibitive of free-roaming spectators and it's worrying to think that one of the most enjoyable parts of rallying might be taken away.

I can't believe it will be easy to enforce though, bearing in mind the sheer numbers of spectators roaming the stages I was on last year, all of whom adhered to staying out of restricted areas. They would have to require these compounds to be three or more times as big as previous years if they think they could manage it.
    I fear you are right. Everything seems to be going to be that way. We must admit, however, that the retarded sometimes are also the spectators. If they didn't stay in deadly places playing with their own life maybe we were not talking about this now.
    I'm not referring to Great Britain since I don't know what happened but we can all se these idiots with happy faces riskying their life on a lot of rallys and sometimes the tragedies have happened, unfortunately.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

Ok let's just go wider on who are retards. Sydney Olympics Construction -1 death, Barcelona -2, London 2012 - 1, Athens - at least 14 accounted for.
    Back in your box
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    You are comparing a first world country to a 3rd world one.

But ok its you... i do not expect much from basic people.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Ok let's just go wider on who are retards. Sydney Olympics Construction -1 death, Barcelona -2, London 2012 - 1, Athens - at least 14 accounted for.
    Back in your box
    Because numbers of casualties in a construction project (one in 2012, one some 10 years ago?) reflect on "who are the retards"? Sometimes numbers can help to strengthen an argument, but this is completely retarded... Also I see it comes from somebody who probably enjoys the less strict safety measures in an event like Sardinia more than being put in a box in an overpriced Welsh rally.

I think that safety measures in almost every WRC are very good. But if you're realistic you can't make any event completely idiot proof, there is always a risk. The risk has already been minimized as much as possible. If you want less accidents you have to ban spectators completely and eventually you will lose the sport itself. And that is what could happen in the UK soon (at least for the WRC round).

7. Likes: dimviii (1st June 2015)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    We must admit, however, that the retarded sometimes are also the spectators. If they didn't stay in deadly places playing with their own life maybe we were not talking about this now.
    Oh, I completely agree with you on that; I've seen people with their backs to the cars in a potentially dangerous location and wondered how evolution allowed them to progress this far.

But the thing is that we won't ever blame the people for endangering themselves today. These reports should read "person stood a few metres from on-edge rally cars... of course they knew the danger" rather than blaming marshalls, competitors or organisers. But the press and lawyers will always target these targets as they're the ones who can be made to pay up, in today's "where there's blame there's a claim" society.

It's in all walks of life now - people jump in front of trains or off bridges on purpose and yet we still ask how we could have prevented the result of the action rather than why they wanted to in the first place, and that's the really sad part.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Relax?? After todays news from Estonia, following on from previous incidents, I think we're going to have to put up with 'viewing areas'. The organisers hands are tied - the MSA are under pressure from the HSE.
    It seems as if it is this or no sport.......
    I certainly won't be putting up with the sheep pens. I'll just head into the stage 3 - 4 hours before first car if necessary. I'm quite capable of putting my self in places that aren't dangerous and looking after my self, whilst choosing the location I wish to view.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

10. Likes: Deego (3rd June 2015)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Very difficult to stop people moving around in the pitch black - which it invariably is at that time of year when you rock up at a morning loop stage.

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    talks of great orme back .