Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    The only positive is Myherin is back and on Saturday you can easily watch 3 stages, 1 in the night. It is disappointing they use again the same pointless Power stage.

The pricing is really weird. £25 for a day but £30 for a single stage

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Trying to get more in advance clearly. Screw spectators choosing to come on the day and not planning a year in advance (same logic that drives the British GP).
    aka Rodger Davies

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    The only positive is Myherin is back and on Saturday you can easily watch 3 stages, 1 in the night. It is disappointing they use again the same pointless Power stage.

The pricing is really weird. £25 for a day but £30 for a single stage
    Also discourages that single stage pass where there is the inevitable queue to pay in cash, - give change etc and whilst this is going on the spectator cars attempting to park develops into a bcklog. Plus of course eliminates a significant stash of cash being held by teh marshalls on the gate, say a 1000 spectators at £30 a head, £30,000 is a lot of money to look after outside a safe.
    Last edited by MJW; 10th June 2015 at 12:42.

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Glad to see the finish now at Deeside SP... closer to home for me.

Should be another Rally Fest though as Chirk is rubbish.

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brynmor Pierce View Post
    You make some good points, and I will certainly be there (just cancelled two of the three hotel rooms I had booked based on where the route may go), but I feel that if we don't say anything there is the risk of decline back into the issues of the previous decade. The location is great and I've had a ball for the last two years.

I don't know the background (MSA or FIA decree), but Thursday night in Clocaenog 2013 was one of my favourite rallying experiences ever and when people travel (and pay) for Shakedown, to leave them with no other action for the rest of the day us a real shame. Two consecutive days I will be in a hotel by 3pm trying to work out what to do, instead of interacting with the rally in any way.

So yes, you're right I shouldn't be so negative. I was a re-convert in 2013 (I had some extra days of holidays that year and was impressed with VW's marketing, so thought I'd take a look), but that became my baseline; I didn't experience it when it was down in Cardiff.

Because of Wales Rally GB 2013, especially that first day, I've discovered Swedish forests in winter, the Mosel Valley and the city of Ypres, so I owe it a lot. Cheers for the reminder
    aka Rodger Davies

7. Likes: 306 Cosworth (18th June 2015),AndyRAC (10th June 2015)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Our only chance to see the stars of the WRC in the UK. So that's good. However, it's fairly uninspiring; no stages on Epynt used - but that is probably more down to the still fairly restrictive rules/ regs.
    I would like to see a Thursday afternoon start, followed by 2 long, hard days, with an early start on Sunday with proper mileage - followed by a lunchtime finish.
    The current WRC isn't really the sport I wish it was.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I don't have too many complaints about the sport in general, but this obsession with no Thursday night stages or event individuality is damaging in my opinion. With this particular route, it's not too bad, but it is also nearly 100km shorter than the Italian round, which is disappointing to see.

When you look at the Friday itinerary of Sardinia vs this, and then factor in the history, that's why we're a little disappointed.
    Last edited by dodge33cymru; 12th June 2015 at 07:37.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    If any European or otherwise crews are looking for a co-driver i'm currently looking for a seat after my driver pulled out. 20 years experience, local to the event (10 kms from service park) lots of involvement with Rally Gb (I run the fan forum the night before)...would love to tick the box of home event...drop me a message or 07952 592445..cheers Bryn

Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Peter Sollberg planning to rent WR car for Rally GB.
    http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/petter...rally-gb,63393