Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    While working safety on the outside of Corner 8 at Mosport during a Honda Michelin event on a rainy Saturday, one Civic lost it on entry, slid sideways, hit the wet grass and barrel-rolled 3 times before hitting the tirewall in front of me and coming to a stop wheels down. I scrambled over the tirewall with my fire bottle, ran to the driver's window and asked if he was OK. He responded in the affirmative but when I commented on the "nice rolls" he asked "What rolls?". I told him about his excursion as I was getting him out of the car but when he saw the roof wrapped around the rollcage, his knees buckled and he almost collapsed. He was checked out as physically fine but later in the paddock I saw his car on a flatbed trailer and noticed this upside-down sticker on his rear bumper: IF YOU CAN READ THIS, TURN ME OVER !

2. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Deleted as it's a repeat
    Last edited by D-Type; 11th December 2015 at 22:21.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    .... but later in the paddock I saw his car on a flatbed trailer and noticed this upside-down sticker on his rear bumper: IF YOU CAN READ THIS, TURN ME OVER !

Once in a while, I'd write that on the back of a dusty trailer I was hauling.

I first saw that expression on the racing flick Paul Newman was in, Winning (1969). It was painted on a stock car above the driver's window.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

5. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    There is often seen quote "You're here for good time not long time" by Colin McRae. Is he actually say something like that in public?