Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Interesting point about how fast cars would be unchecked.

I did not say I would give open plan to create rocket ships levels of speed. However I would give them more freedom
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Less aero, less computer controlled things, more onus on drivers.

Allow designers room to design and innovate, don't give them a set of restrictions and force them to build the same car as each other. i.e. set parameters ie. size of wheel and tyres, track width, and various safety standards. Set certain requirements like flat bottomed chassis, min ride height, aero limits, then say to the designers "Show us what you can do!". Doesn't sound all that difficult to me.

As for the calander (I said this on another thread last week). 21 races. 13 are permanent events. (the traditional races) the other 8 on a four year contract with 2 races up for tender every season.

Less money finding its way into 'Wiggy the House Elf's' greedy little hands, and more of it being returned to the sport.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    ZERO aero.
    Apart from what the aerodynamics of the bodywork itself does, eliminate all wings.

Formula Fords can and do follow each other at close quarters and I think it makes for better racing. I would also install rear guards as per Indycar but even then, I'd want to remove the front and rear wings.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    In a previous thread (the one regarding refuelling, which is definately not needed and isnt likely to come back anyway despite what Bernie might say) I mentioned part of a solution to a) rid F1 of gimmicks like DRS b) allow cars to follow more closely, therefore allowing the brave and skillful to pass and c) increase top speed and laptime without the need for more power. The solution I propose is to impose a restriction on wing sizes to the point where they are a tuning aid to balance the car and allow these to be active too whilst at the same time freeing up the restrictions to the underfloor to give greater ground effect as this is much less affected by turbulent air than upper surfaces and wings. The drastic reduction in drag and a slight increase in overall downforce would result in faster lap times, increased quality of racing, a cull of gimmicks to improve "the show" and all without altering a thing on the power units which in my view are a modern marvel and whilst not currently road relevant point the way forward for fully integrated hybrid technology which will become more prevalent in a few years time. Just my 2 cents on this one, most of what F1 is proposing is half baked and only likely to perpetuate the current situation in my view.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Less aero dependance so cars can follow closely..also engine rules - put a limit on engine size (say max 2.4L) but keep the config upto the teams, we need some variety...perhaps Merc go with a small turbo/hybrid while Ferrari bust out v12s?

get rid of tarmac runoffs and bring back gravel traps.. no more Tilketracks.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    More grid girls

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

7. Likes: N. Jones (25th May 2015)
    Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    For starter, bring the tobacco sponsors back. Some folks may have an opinion on tobacco sponsorship, if the product is legit, I don't see why it should be banned. After all, racing is illegal on public roads & is still by far one of the most dangerous sports. I believed the tobacco sponsors will solve at least half of the financial problems the teams are facing now & not to mention cool liveries like JPS & Marlboro.
    Free to air in standard definition will boost the viewership even if it doesn't generate direct income to the organizer, i.e, CVC. The increased viewership will attract potential sponsors.
    Faster car & less restrictive rules. The current crop of cars are just too slow & there is a need to address the dirty air generated rather than restricting the design. Fuel flow restriction should be removed as well.
    Allow in season testing. Teams like Redbull & Mclaren pretty much have to write off the entire season due to testing ban. Mclaren is literally spending at least half a season testing the cars in the race. Teams should be allowed to test on the before or after the race on the race track. A token or penalty system may be implemented. The teams exceeding the allotted testing time will be fined or penalized with grid penalty & may claim money with the unused testing time vice versa.
    Pit stop Cup. The team with the best pit stop performance will be given a pit stop trophy by the end of the season, after all, this is a team sport.
    CVC needs to impose a minimum attendance to all race organizers. The race organizers will be fined if the attendance is below the stipulated number. The race organizer will get a rebate from CVC if the attendance hits the target.

There you have it.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    IMO opinion nothing will help F1, because young people, the generation of F1 fans F1 needs to attract, have lost interest in cars, or driving.
    Soon, people won't own or drive cars anymore. Autonomous cars will swiftly take over.

IMO, F1's biggest problem is that as safe as F1 is for the drivers, and as 'corporate' as drivers have become, F1 has lost to much of it's panache - flamboyant manner and reckless courage.
    Human nature pretty much remains constant, and sad to say, part of human nature makes us slow down to gawk at traffic accidents and such things.
    Indeed, that the news media flourishes is testament to that part of human nature and hence the pretty universal news adage - "If it bleeds, it leads".
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.