6 23.08%
  • Sergio Perez

2 7.69%
  • Max Verstappen

1 3.85%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    In watching the Verstappen grosjean incident again, i think it was slightly more grosjean's fault than verstappen.
    If this accident formed a claim for motor insurance, all of the fault is Verstappen's. He was the car following.

I think that this makes the case that brake lights should be installed on Formula One cars.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    In watching the Verstappen grosjean incident again, i think it was slightly more grosjean's fault than verstappen. The young lad did come in hot though but i think he had a shot at an inside overtake on grosjean. Grosjean I think did a brake check on him. I don't think he intended to cause an accident but he probably tried to slow him down a bit so that he wouldn't get an opportunity to get a run on the inside. He braked really early for that corner. Which to me is the deciding factor. Furthermore he did not hold his line and veered to the right before going back to the left again. He tried to cover the inside and outside at the same time. Verstappen was coming in fast, but the combination of the swerve and then braking early and moving back to the right again meant that MV clipped his right rear. He obviously knew where MV was and he had him in his mirrors and decided anyway to brake earlier than normal.
    That's pretty much my take on it except that I don't think Verstappen was trying an overtaking maneuver at any point . The most striking part of it to me after review was the change of line from Grosjean. What's the rule? Only allowed to change your line once - which he already did. There came a certain point where there was no way for Verstappen to avoid that accident and before that point there was nothing he could have done differently therefore I can't apportion blame to him and I think it's unfair for the likes of Massa (okay we all know he's a bit of a Jesse) to come out and simply blame the young guy, especially when we're talking about "The first lap nutcase". I find it far more likely that Grosjean misjudged this than Verstappen - he's the one with the bad judgement history and up until this point Verstappen hasn't shown any of that, and still hasn't.

Coming back to Massa and his comments, lets not forget the incident with him at Germany last year with Kevin Magnussen which was clearly Massa's fault. He's renowned for reading situations wrong, far more than any other top driver (I don't rate him as a top top driver), both during and after an incident.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 26th May 2015 at 11:12.

3. Likes: rjbetty (26th May 2015),truefan72 (26th May 2015)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If this accident formed a claim for motor insurance, all of the fault is Verstappen's. He was the car following.

I think that this makes the case that brake lights should be installed on Formula One cars.
    well this is racing and sometimes the guy in front is at fault.
    butt, i agree, i think that would be a good idea to install some sort of brake light. It would help the drivers out and also allow stewards to make and even more clear cut decision.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I think Romains worn tyres had a lot to do with it. He was having to brake earlier and Max was a little over zealous perhaps. Just a racing incident for me even if it was a heavy impact.

6. Likes: N4D13 (27th May 2015),Tazio (26th May 2015)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I agree Hennie, passing at Monaco is generally a difficult proposition, especially considering that these two cars were pretty well matched on this circuit. We saw how hard it was for Lewis to pass Seb, which is reasonably close parallel imo. Max made a fully committed stab at it, but Rogro in the end was only protecting his line, with very worn tires.....arguably?!
    Last edited by Tazio; 26th May 2015 at 16:17.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Has to be Rosberg. His never give up attitude came to the fore here, and pulled off one of the most remarkable wins in motorsport history!

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    How can Nico be driver of the day, when his teammate was 22 seconds down the road ahead of him?

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    I think Journeyman is taking the piss.
    Telemetry shows Grosjean braked five meters later than he did the previous lap.
    This is 100% a rookie mistake.

11. Likes: Tazio (1st June 2015)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I agree Hennie, passing at Monaco is generally a difficult proposition, especially considering that these two cars were pretty well matched on this circuit. We saw how hard it was for Lewis to pass Seb, which is reasonably close parallel imo. Max made a fully committed stab at it, but Rogro in the end was only protecting his line, with very worn tires.....arguably?!
    Max said he wasn't trying to pass him , Taz .

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Oh, OK, never mind then!
    May the forza be with you