Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

2015 Monaco Grand Prix Thread

Monaco baby!

The cars will be on track in less than 48 hours (Thursday practice in Monaco of course) so it must be time for a race thread... will Rosberg manage to stay out of the escape roads in qualy this year? Will Maldonado make it as far as the start of the race? Will Marussia (or maybe even McLaren) score a point?

Thursday 21 May
    Free practice 1 starts: BST 9:00 AM, local (CEST) 10:00 AM
    Free practice 2 starts: BST 1:00 PM, local (CEST) 2:00 PM
    Saturday 23 May
    Free practice 3 starts: BST 10:00 AM, local (CEST) 11:00 AM
    Qualifying starts: BST 1:00 PM, local (CEST) 2:00 PM
    Sunday 24 May
    Race starts: BST 1:00 PM, local (CEST) 2:00 PM

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    My prediction about Monaco is that someone will use Rosberg and cheat in the same reply in this thread... of course my prediction works against the prediction itself but I'm making it anyway . I've always liked this track, mostly because of the onboard footage. The race is usually dull but the onboard cameras really show how extreme the driving is on this track. It's remarkable how they can go lap after lap so close to the barriers and not crash.

3. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd June 2015)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    My prediction about Monaco is that someone will use Rosberg and cheat in the same reply in this thread... of course my prediction works against the prediction itself but I'm making it anyway . I've always liked this track, mostly because of the onboard footage. The race is usually dull but the onboard cameras really show how extreme the driving is on this track. It's remarkable how they can go lap after lap so close to the barriers and not crash.
    Well, it's hard to separate the two considering what he did last year, however, I do hope Hammy gets to make amends for what happened last year. It's not the end of the world, of course, as he'll beat Rosberg over the rest of the season anyway but as Hammy will be first out this time I suspect it should be okay.

I think Hamilton will be gunning for it this year so I'm going to go for him. I wouldn't mind seeing another unsuspecting team win it, like FI.

Hamilton for Pole and win. Another Mercedes one two is the most likely scenario with Vettel or Raikkonen third. It would be nice to see Manor and McLaren get some points as well.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I remember Kimis qualification 2005, everyone tought that Alonso got pole but Kimi thrunched all.

Kimi will win this year! I hope.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    I remember Kimis qualification 2005, everyone tought that Alonso got pole but Kimi thrunched all.

I have no idea what thrunching is, but I like the sound of it and I hope Kimi thrunches everyone in sight.

7. Likes: Big Ben (19th May 2015),kfzmeister (20th May 2015),Mia 01 (19th May 2015),N4D13 (19th May 2015)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    You have just used "Rosberg" and "cheat", so that was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I would love to see Kimi win this race. Would be really good for F1.

I reckon Macca might get a point.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

10. Likes: journeyman racer (2nd June 2015),Storm (20th May 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I would love to see Kimi win this race. Would be really good for F1.

I reckon Macca might get a point.
    Prob McDud's best chance for a point or three. The chassis is apparently quite good, the drivers are both capable and engine power is not as important as in other races. They will need to qualify well as if Fred and JB are 15th and 16th etc after quali it will be down to others mistakes rather than their ability.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post

Since his return a few years ago, he hasn't done particularly well at Monaco/Singapore.
    Here is how his quali compares to his teammates

2012 Monaco +0.56 to teammate
    2013 Monaco -2.6s but it was wet/drying so I assume Grosjean made a mistake in Q2
    2014 Monaco +0.703 to teammate
    2012 Singapore +0.732 (Q2 comparison because Kimi didn't make Q3)
    2013 Singapore +0.701 (ditto)
    2014 Singapore +0.263
    some quite large gaps there
    May the forza be with you

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I have no idea what thrunching is, but I like the sound of it and I hope Kimi thrunches everyone in sight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlbjnZbxEcI

Thrunching - Even if you have no idea, leave him alone. He knows what he's doing... whatever the hell thrunching is.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

14. Likes: Mia 01 (20th May 2015)