Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I live in the USA, so let me chip in. First of all, to have high speed rail, you need to have a few big cities that are close
    enough to each other in order to make a case for the high speed rail transport
    I know about the Acela already but would a proper HSR between Atlanta-Charlotte-Raleigh-Washington D.C-Philadelphia-NYC-Boston work?
    That is some 40+ million poeple living along that route in those cities/Metro areas.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Atla...42.3600825!3e0
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    I know about the Acela already but would a proper HSR between Atlanta-Charlotte-Raleigh-Washington D.C-Philadelphia-NYC-Boston work?
    That is some 40+ million poeple living along that route in those cities/Metro areas.
    The distance from Atlanta to the rest is quite large - 10 to 12 hours by car to Wash DC. Charlotte too is about 6 hours from Wash DC by car. There is already the Acela service between Wash, Baltimore, Phili, New York and Boston.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    What are the average maximum vehicle driving time limits for an American traveller within the USA to decide to go on a plane rather than drive in their own vehicle?
    I appreciate there would be a difference between a business traveller and someone on vacation.
    How much freight goes on trains compared to trucks? An idea would be to have more freight on trains with fewer trucks on the road, (freight trains do not need to be highspeed trains) speeds on freeways and interstates might be increased with 'smarter' cars, to go along at 100mph/ 160 km/h on the interstate when conditions allow with a Tesla, bolt on Autopilot. etc