Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Other than the initial sorting at race start, not a lot of good wheel to wheel racing. Most of the passes were in the DRS zone. At least Sainz and Kvyat bounced off each other. I actually think Kvyat forced that move and pushed him wide intentionally once Sainz was there.
    I can remember the two Lotuses at turn 3, but nothing else... sadly.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    For McLaren, I think that wasn't quite as bad a race as it looked. A brake failure seems like the sort of thing that shouldn't be too hard to fix, and Alonso was running pretty well before that. And in the second half of the race, Button spent most of the time lapping faster than the Torro Rossos, Saubers and Force Indias. Their speed has improved hugely since the start of the season. When they get on top of the niggling problems and put together a consistent race weekend, they'll be scoring points.
    In this generation of cars, the brakes are intertwined with energy harvesting systems, so we can speculate that brake failure is not always going to be trivial to fix.

PS: I honestly expected more of McLaren after livery change...
    Last edited by zako85; 11th May 2015 at 22:01.

3. Likes: A FONDO (12th May 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    In this generation of cars, the brakes are intertwined with energy harvesting systems, so we can speculate that brake failure is not always going to be trivial to fix.

PS: I honestly expected more of McLaren after livery change...
    Except the brake failure is suspected to be a result of a visor tear off catching in a duct somewhere and overheating the brakes. The sky is not falling in

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Honestly, that had nothing to do with today's performance.
    He was slow off the line for sure, and then drove a solid race, setting a blinding performance in his 3rd sting on the Hards
    and if not of a poor pitstop could maybe have challenged Rosberg.

today was not his day, and yet he still came in 2nd, not the end of the world.
    If you gave me 3 wins and 2 2nd places after 5 races, i would take that.
    it is a long championship and today was about damage control.
    lets not go crazy with the other stuff.
    Lewis has always been prone to being lead astray easily with his celebrity lifestyle. I don't know if you saw his twitter and the picture of him in the girls hat at Maypac but it's just embarrassing. Anyway, one day in 3 weeks working towards the next GP is not enough if he is to defend his title successfully. The bad start was ultimately what caused his bad day but so was his inability to put everything together in qualifying.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    A peculiar race, I thought. I honestly did not expect such a comfortable win by Rosberg. Heck, after getting pole, I didn't think he'd win anyway!

Not really sure what to make to make of the result. Has Rosberg found that extra bit? Will it be an aberration? I don't know.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The bad start was ultimately what caused his bad day but so was his inability to put everything together in qualifying.
    That pretty much sums it up. In a one constructor championship you have to be faster than the other guy (Nico in this case) and avoid the "moving obstacles"(Ferrari), or be able to dispose of them poste haste. The race for the championship has just gotten a little more interesting, and if Nico wins the next race it will be that much more.
    Last edited by Tazio; 13th May 2015 at 16:54.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Monaco next, itīs Nicos race. Take the Money and run gold chain boy.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Golden chain boy.
    Well it is his gold to do with as he pleases!
    May the forza be with you