Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21 years

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    It's 29 years since Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto passed away[*]

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moto99 View Post
    He was very dangerous. He said that 'God showed him way'. He was performing dangerous moves without thinking about consequences. In the end God showed him the final wall.
    Newsflash: we're all going to die. It's just a matter of when and how. Senna died his way, doing what he loved. I hope to be so lucky when my time bell rings.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    For me it is difficult not to speculate about what could have happened if Senna did not die on that awful day. In 1994 WDC, Hill lost to Schumacher just by a few points, and most of us believe that Senna was a lot better than Hill. There was a good chance that Senna could have won the 1994 title, but even if Senna did not win the 1994 title, I think he would have won in subsequent years. Things could have easily ended with both Senna and Schumacher concluding their careers with five WDC titles each.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    I hope they do this tastefully, it should be a real trip!
    Swiss watch brand TAG Heuer is set to breathe new life into one of motorsport's most enduring legends next week, with the late Ayrton Senna to make an appearance in holographic form at a star-studded launch in downtown Barcelona.

In a move sure to draw comparisons to the appearance of an eye-popping three-dimensional recreation of murdered rapper Tupac Shakur at US music festival Coachella in 2012, the hologram will recreate the Brazilian in classic racing attire, dressed in overalls and with his helmet held beneath his arm. Using a sample of pre-existing audio, Senna will address the audience.

The event, to celebrate the 30th year of the Swiss brand's partnership with the McLaren Formula 1 team, will be held inside the Teatre Principal – the oldest playhouse in Barcelona – and will include appearances from double world champion and current team driver Fernando Alonso as well as Senna's niece, Bianca.

Senna was a TAG Heuer ambassador between 1988 and 1993.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Time flies. Unfortunately I never got the chance to see him race. F1 only came to our tele screens in the next year or so.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: