Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

2016 calendar leaked

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/04/30/...raft-calendar/

21 races but in recent years we've often seen a race or two dropped before the final schedule is in place.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    At least they've gotten rid of the retarded 4 week break throughout August. It looks much more compact thank previous years. This years calendar is just ridiculously scattered. Personally, I think they should do 25 races a year and get over themselves with their "We need a rest" rubbish. 25 races a year is still just under one race every two weeks, it's more than manageable. Take your break off season.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Or on free-to-air in Oz:

April 3: Australia, Albert Park
    May 1: Russia, Sochi
    June 12: Canada, Montreal
    July 17: Europe, Baku
    August 28: Belgium, Spa-Francorchamps
    September 25: Malaysia, Sepang
    October 30: Mexico, Mexico City

Rumour has it that the number of free-to-air races drops from 10 (9) to 7.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Personally, I think they should do 25 races a year and get over themselves with their "We need a rest" rubbish. 25 races a year is still just under one race every two weeks, it's more than manageable. Take your break off season.
    With 25 races a year at one every two weeks, when would be off-season? A fortnight over Christmas?

5. Likes: steveaki13 (2nd May 2015),Storm (7th May 2015),truefan72 (5th May 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    21 races but in recent years we've often seen a race or two dropped before the final schedule is in place.
    Maybe we should start another PICKEMS sub-forum; where we decide which circuits will NOT last on the schedule.

Winners get a free T- shirt of the event they picked with the track-layout image on it that fades in sunlight, but reappears when you wash it.

No?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    25 races every two weeks equals 50 weeks Black Knight
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if Baku GP falls through. Will they be able to afford it? I know that Azerbaijan is an oil rich post-Soviet state, but most of its hydrocarbon wealth is being siphoned off by its notoriously corrupt and authoritarian president, his buddies, family members and others in the government. An average azeri citizen is struggling to make the ends meet, and that's why many of them look for work in the economic powerhouse known as Russia. The recently falling oil prices had an effect on Azeri economy. Manat, their national currency supposedly depreciated quite a bit against dollar last month. Not a good sign.

The FIA GT race in Baku didn't look bad. I liked the fast runs along the shore, but I didn't like the section through the old city with narrow streets and 90 degree turns. I think this could be a good circuit for Formula E.
    Last edited by zako85; 4th May 2015 at 13:24.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    With 25 races a year at one every two weeks, when would be off-season? A fortnight over Christmas?
    Haha, I mean they could easily fit 25 races in between March and November time. There are 238 days between 20th March 2016 and November 13th 2016, so that is 34 weeks. It should be easy to fit 25 races in this time frame and they still have 9 weekends free to pamper themselves. Personally, I feel there should be a race every weekend but geographical location doesn't really allow for it.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    I like a 21 week season. It works well with enough down time.

What I would like to see is an end to all the garbage that surrounds who hosts races.

How is this for a suggestion Bernie.

13 races are set in stone, that are always on, they don't have to scramble for contracts, they are fixtures. (not in any suggested order, just listed randomly)
    1. Brazil
    2. Australia
    3. Japan
    4. Canada
    5. USA
    6. Monaco
    7. Great Britain
    6. Germany
    9. Italy
    10. Belgium
    11. Spain
    12. France
    13. Hungary

the other 8 slots are on a four year contract, with two contracts up for renewal/tender every season. so races in San Marino, Russia, China, Malayasia, Tonga, Ethiopia, the floating man made island in the middle of the Arctic ocean etc can tender and have the security of four seasons then either re-tender for another four, or not.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    How is this for a suggestion Bernie.

13 races are set in stone, that are always on, they don't have to scramble for contracts, they are fixtures. (not in any suggested order, just listed randomly)
    1. Brazil
    2. Australia
    3. Japan
    4. Canada
    5. USA
    6. Monaco
    7. Great Britain
    6. Germany
    9. Italy
    10. Belgium
    11. Spain
    12. France
    13. Hungary

the other 8 slots are on a four year contract, with two contracts up for renewal/tender every season..
    After reading this - with regards to Bernie's thought process - I could hear the voice of Spock;

"It appears that logic does not apply here."

Which, of course, could be related to just about anything with Bernie's name on it.
    Last edited by AAReagles; 6th May 2015 at 00:50.