Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvbSJPB4go

About 7:34 to 13:40 is one of the DiRT Rally stages.
    Yes! Nice find, I spent hours driving that stage at the weekend and they've got it spot on in so many places...although I think it's a bit narrower in the game
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    World RX update now released !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEREZTz07Co
    #M-SPORTER

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    World RX update now released !
    Been playing it all evening, so much fun. They've said that the AI is a bit slow until they get a gauge on how quick people are, and given that I can win events on Very Hard I'm guessing that there will be big changes to come. Still great fun getting in a dice though.

Unfortunately this game is going to cost me more than £25...in fact it's going to cost me a lot more. I'm soon moving company to a place with a much stricter IT policy, which means I loose my laptop and anything even close to being capable of running it. So in the interests of giving the game a fair chance I'm going to have to get proper PC. Unfortunately I know nothing, anyone got advice on what's a half decent spec to look for? (or more importantly, what to avoid). I'm a casual game but would like to be able to run DiRT to a pretty high standard. I'm not averse to going for a 'custom' option, but definitely won't be up to building it myself.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Just gave it a go and it crashed after long loading times.... Could be down to me having a very basic laptop! Back to hooning around in the quattro and the M3 by myself, still worth the money though

I've been waiting for World RX to be released before buying but now I'm thinking again in case my PC can't run it very well...

An internet site says I only have the minimum spec and I cant afford to change my PC..

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Been playing it all evening, so much fun. They've said that the AI is a bit slow until they get a gauge on how quick people are, and given that I can win events on Very Hard I'm guessing that there will be big changes to come. Still great fun getting in a dice though.

Unfortunately this game is going to cost me more than £25...in fact it's going to cost me a lot more. I'm soon moving company to a place with a much stricter IT policy, which means I loose my laptop and anything even close to being capable of running it. So in the interests of giving the game a fair chance I'm going to have to get proper PC. Unfortunately I know nothing, anyone got advice on what's a half decent spec to look for? (or more importantly, what to avoid). I'm a casual game but would like to be able to run DiRT to a pretty high standard. I'm not averse to going for a 'custom' option, but definitely won't be up to building it myself.
    Well the good side is that you won't have to buy the game again as you can just reload your Steam profile on the new pc.

A site I always use for checking out specs for specific games and which can guide you as to what the pc you find can do is www.game-debate.com. The Dirt Rally page is http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...e=Dirt%20Rally

Just put in your specs and it will tell you whether that spec is useful or not. Will help a lot with picking the right pc. The problem is these new pc components are so complicated to try and understand that it's hard to pick the right thing but this site does help make it a lot simpler, especially as it breaks down what the weak link in that setup will be.
    Last edited by Bruce D; 4th August 2015 at 13:31.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I've been waiting for World RX to be released before buying but now I'm thinking again in case my PC can't run it very well...

An internet site says I only have the minimum spec and I cant afford to change my PC..
    If it helps, my laptop has Intel i5-3230M @2.60GHz, 4GB RAM and Intel HD4000 graphics which is apparently 1.8GB. It runs the game in pretty much the most basic form, and can sometimes cope with some of the settings being upped a bit (depending on what's processing in the background. If you've got anything equal or better than this then I'd suggest that you can probably run it okay. Graphics obviously don't look great by current standards, but it's still better than PS2 level IMO.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (4th August 2015)
    Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    My laptop is just about at the minimum requirements if my memory serves. RX is clearly not an option for me but running around on my own on the stages with the graphics set at minimum works fine. Some people wouldn't put up with the graphics but they're OK really, the scenery and the shapes of the cars are fine it's just a few blurry sponsor logos on the cars. The brilliant physics behind it all more than makes up for any shortcomings as a result of my PC spec

10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (4th August 2015)
    My PC will run DiRT3 with graphics set at 'high' so I think it will at least run DiRT Rally at some level...

I'm a casual gamer so I'm not that bothered about it looking amazing, just that the gameplay is good and having the latest RX cars to drive.

Been waiting ages for this and had to make do with playing CMR2 in Arcade with skins of the latest RX cars...

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 4th August 2015 at 22:15.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Codemasters contacted Ryan Champion to record sounds of his 555, so that one will have authentic sounds, and those are Iconic!