Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    At least Codies has fixing the Impreza 2001's dashboard..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Strange, I got the feeling Codemasters would use the same rally physics from Dirt Rally. Obviously not then and that's a shame. I never touch rallycross, but heard it was good enough in Dirt Rally so it feels strange they have changed it.
    They've long maintained that RX was the weakest part of Dirt Rally, and in terms of handling they're probably right (although I loved the PvP) as it was closer to arcade than the rally element was. They've said ever since D4 was mentioned that the physics engine was a development of the one used in Dirt Rally and that they'd worked hard with drivers and tyre manufacturers to improve reality of RX and tarmac.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Basically everyone is saying the physics are an improvement over Dirt Rally except for that guy quoted in here, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

4. Likes: MrJan (8th June 2017)
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

DiRT Rally (DiRT4)

So far so good !!! Everything has improved, starting from the physics, sound, and graphics. I've started my career with the Pro difficult mode, and it's ok but will probably go a step up, as it looks a bit easy. As for stages, are beautiful made, even though, I still miss Finland, Greece and Monte. Great job by Codemasters anyway!!!
    Last edited by pino; 9th June 2017 at 08:20.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

6. Likes: Adler (9th June 2017),Eli (9th June 2017)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    I've spent a couple of hours on the game already yesterday, I do feel the game is much more forgiving than Dirt Rally.
    A lot of that has to do with stage design, my biggest fear with the game looks to be realized, the stage design is so poor compared to Dirt Rally, as soon as you mess with the complexity slider on the stage creator the only thing that does is generate an anormal number of open hairpins.

Will report back after a couple more hours with the game.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I believe that, our judgement are effected by our skills and expectations. Being a normal player and not a Pro, I find this game excellent in everything. As said before, I am playing the SIM mode at Pro level, and I am quite satisfied. Just need to go a step up on the level. I guess that our friend Francis is a much better player than me then
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

9. Likes: Francis44 (9th June 2017)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    I believe that, our judgement are effected by our skills and expectations. Being a normal player and not a Pro, I find this game excellent in everything. As said before, I am playing the SIM mode at Pro level, and I am quite satisfied. Just need to go a step up on the level. I guess that our friend Francis is a much better player than me then
    Not at all , that was just my feeling after stepping right out of Dirt Rally to Dirt 4. I am yet to try the more powerfull machines (I've only driven the Fiesta R2 and Impreza STI), so it might get more demanding after a while.

I think a lot of people have forgotten that the cars in DR were much easier to drive before they got upgraded, so D4 could be very similar. For example yesterday's DR 'Owners Club' daily stage was in the Delta S4 which I've not really used so was standard. Power actually seemed quite limited and slow. Contrast that with using the S4 in a custom event and it's a beast.

I'm not fussed either way, if it's slightly easier then it just means I won't need as many restarts

12. Likes: Eli (9th June 2017)
    Handling definitely different and taking some getting used to. Love some of the Spanish stages, really nice flow to them. Thankfully don't seem to be getting as ruined by 'rogue' bumps that send the car airborne either.

Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    After playing first 3 hours i am disappointet, the stages looks partly good, i like for example the stages in spain and australia, even the generated ones looks good, but the car behaviour just feels strange related to dirt rallye, its almost impossible to get an r5 car to oversteer, i really doublechecked if i was in gamers mode, but unfortunately i was not. ...i will spend some more hours on it, maybe the feeling will improve with some changes in settings and time. ...