Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Feels like game developers are lazy with stage design nowadays.
    Yeah, so lazy that they've introduced a feature which means that you can make a virtually endless variety of stages. I'm sure many of us will get really bored when we're competing on unique stages, I know that I find there's a lack of variety in the option to compete of 1000s of different routes.

btw I was being sarcastic.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    So lazy that you don't want to pay any more.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    when do we have more news about the game?
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Yeah, so lazy that they've introduced a feature which means that you can make a virtually endless variety of stages. I'm sure many of us will get really bored when we're competing on unique stages, I know that I find there's a lack of variety in the option to compete of 1000s of different routes.

btw I was being sarcastic.
    They make that feature so they let the gamers create stages instead of themselves

Anyway, it's good they are introducing something new to the table. As of yet, you can't deny that they take the easy way with stages, the stages are far too identical. To make a comparision with the past, look at Rally Championship 2000. That game hade a lot of unique stages, some stages being 30+ km. If it could be done in the past, why couldn't it be now?

Not to forget all the stages players create for Richard Burns Rally, on their free time...
    Last edited by BigWorm; 16th February 2017 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    So lazy that you don't want to pay any more.
    I'm totally happy to pay, because I've read about the game and realise that it's a big step forward from a game that I already think is amazing.

They make that feature so they let the gamers create stages instead of themselves

Anyway, it's good they are introducing something new to the table. As of yet, you can't deny that they take the easy way with stages, the stages are far too identical. To make a comparision with the past, look at Rally Championship 2000. That game hade a lot of unique stages, some stages being 30+ km. If it could be done in the past, why couldn't it be now?

Not to forget all the stages players create for Richard Burns Rally, on their free time...
    I don't deny the number of stages, but that doesn't equate with being lazy. If you think that anything about Dirt Rally is lazy then you're impossible to please. It's true that there aren't a huge number of stages, but the ones that it has are well thought out and detailed. Why could Rally Championship have lots more stages? Because the detail isn't anywhere near that of Dirt...the same goes for RBR. Sure Codemasters could have put more stages in it, but that would likely have been at the cost of time which was put into the handling model and graphics. These guys don't have the endless amount of time to work on a game that gamers do, they've got deadlines and budgets to work to.

And if you think it's lazy to develop something like Your Stage then you should probably offer your services to Codemasters, as you're clearly so amazing.

I don't deny the number of stages, but that doesn't equate with being lazy. If you think that anything about Dirt Rally is lazy then you're impossible to please. It's true that there aren't a huge number of stages, but the ones that it has are well thought out and detailed. Why could Rally Championship have lots more stages? Because the detail isn't anywhere near that of Dirt...the same goes for RBR. Sure Codemasters could have put more stages in it, but that would likely have been at the cost of time which was put into the handling model and graphics. These guys don't have the endless amount of time to work on a game that gamers do, they've got deadlines and budgets to work to.

And if you think it's lazy to develop something like Your Stage then you should probably offer your services to Codemasters, as you're clearly so amazing.
    Yeah, they're not as detailed because details are something that has evolved with time. The games I mentioned are well outdated in terms of design and capability, but decreasing the number of stages feels like a step back or at least stalling the potential. Rally Championship sure looks worse than Dirt Rally now, but for the time it was quite extrodinary in terms of design.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Dirt Rally. I think the car handling is bang on for a rally game, challenging but fun at the same time. The sound, graphics and multiplayer are all great too. All very well done, I will gladly praise those features all day. With saying they're lazy I'm exaggerating, but cutting one bigger stage into two shorter is definitely taking a shortcut to just add quantity. It's not just Codemasters who does this, the WRC developers did so too in their games. With fans reporting the lack of variety exists in the last few years, don't you expect developers to take note? After all, they are paid professionals.

Seems like you falled for my sarcastic initial sentence to your previous sarcastic post. Now, saying this non-sarcastically, Your Stage sounds very promising, it's totally right from them to introduce, but since it's not released yet I won't say more than that.
    Last edited by BigWorm; 16th February 2017 at 15:22.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    No what I meant was that... wait I forgot
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Seems like you falled for my sarcastic initial sentence to your previous sarcastic post. Now, saying this non-sarcastically, Your Stage sounds very promising, it's totally right from them to introduce, but since it's not released yet I won't say more than that.
    No, I got it. I just think that it comes from a real place, hence why you say :

With fans reporting the lack of variety exists in the last few years, don't you expect developers to take note? After all, they are paid professionals.
    Developers have taken note, that's exactly what Dirt 4 is. Dirt Rally was only ever a prototype, and I felt that was pretty clear from the start. Certainly the pricing structure on PC suggested as much by never being 'full price' as such.

Developers have taken note, that's exactly what Dirt 4 is. Dirt Rally was only ever a prototype, and I felt that was pretty clear from the start. Certainly the pricing structure on PC suggested as much by never being 'full price' as such.
    And that's good. Should it work out nicely it will definitely build on Dirt Rally and take it further. Not saying Dirt 4 is bound to flop, but we have to wait and see.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    DMack 2017 livery the best so far:

#M-SPORTER