Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    I love DiRT Rally and it's probably the best Rally game made by Codies, along with Colin McRae2. I am playing it every day, because nothing can beat, driving a stage on Montecarlo or Finland and even Greece, with one of the many great car available from the Garage. All that will disappear with arrival of DiRT 4, although they will give us this cool feature called Your Stage. Australia and Spain are boring events if you ask me, so I think it's a step back for all Rally fans gamer.

My two cents
    POssibly, we'll see. Personally I don't think that Aus will be any more boring than Greece and Spain will be a quick tarmac rally with less 90 right and hairpins than Germany. As I've said above I expect Michigan to be a similar style event to Finland, so the only real loss from my point of view is Monte. That's more than made up for by the introduction of additional RX classes and tracks, plus the Your Stage thing. Yes it's a move away from the core rallying nature of DR, but many of the key features that made the game great will remain.

From what I understand through those that have played it (including a certain forum member that's got a stupid number of hours on Dirt Rally) it's a pretty impressive game.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    For what I've seen, Australia will have wide and faster stages, totally different from the nasty and narrow stages we have now in Greece, which btw, is my favorite event along with Montecarlo in DiRT Rally. Probably Michigan will be as good as Finland but Spain is a totally let down. Hopefully they will prove me wrong!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    If the Spanish stages are anything like the twisty, cambered roads I drove on holiday last year then they will be far better than Germany!

4. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2017),MrJan (14th February 2017)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I love the Greek stages, they are by far my favourite in Dirt Rally. From the preview footage I've seen so far it looks like Australia will somewhat fill that gap. Dry, dusty gravel but a little less twitchy and tricky than Greece. We'll see.

Finland I don't really like, the jumps are strange and the fast sections make the shortcomings of the physics engine stand out more. If Michigan will be fast but less jumpy, that would be great.

Spain I fully expect to be better than Germany. At least the Spanish stages are actual roads and not concrete military roads with 80% 90 degree corners.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

6. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Will Spain be the only tarmac rally on Dirt 4?

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I believe so, yes.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

So Dirt 4 is going to be repetetive also. Great.

Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Will Spain be the only tarmac rally on Dirt 4?
    Michigan should have some (short) tarmac sections (if it's like Michigan in the older Dirt game).
    'pitn skartn'

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Their biggest triumph with this game is the computer generated stages wich they say will amount to an infinite quantity of quality stages, so repeated stages should not be a problem. However no matter what they say computer generated stages will never be equally as exciting as a stage carefully designed by a 20 plus team of developers, that is my biggest fear with the game, endless kilometres of boring computer generated roads.

12. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2017)
    Only problem I have with Dirt Rally is that there are far too few stages. Each rally have essentially two unique stages, the rest are just those two cut in half and/or in reverse. Makes the game feel reeeeally repetitive. Feels like game developers are lazy with stage design nowadays.

14. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2017)