Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    so no WRC Cars from the past 10 years..and more importantly no Finland or Greece or Monte....and they add Australia & forget about NZ, add Michigan??
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    so no WRC Cars from the past 10 years..and more importantly no Finland or Greece or Monte....and they add Australia & forget about NZ, add Michigan??
    Monte has been in the last few games, so I understand the move away from that. If Michigan stages are anything like Dirt 3 then they'll have much in common with Finland and NZ (i.e fast and flowing).

Okay so no WRC cars, but with the kind of car list that they've already announced I can't say that I mind that. I have far more fun trying to get a quick time in something that's tough to drive.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    I'd love some WRCars from the 90's. Evo VI, great. But give us a WRC05. Seat Cordoba and the Octavia. Some new R5's too. Trying to think what other WRCars to involve.

Monte was the best I have to say. Truly you could feel driving on ice, loose grip and then you have grip on the dry stuff. Michigan to get the US players involved?

Australia, never really liked it. No true basis of stages to be honest. Bring NZ into the game, get the stages set off real roads, Whaanga Coast would be ideal. Greece was a bit rough, rocks on the edge, very edge of the roads to hook the cars which was annoying! Perhaps a Safari round... or even... hrmmmm... Ireland! West tarmac, similar to what Colin McRae rally was with Japan!

Will this new game be a hardcore Rally enthusiast version or is this a new game to introduce fans into the sport and not be so serious. I'm not sure if a Simulation is the right word. Is it or not?

I wonder if this Your Stage will be like what V-Rally had. Create your own stage. That was mega!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Fitzroy!? It's a suburb in Melbourne! My point exactly, pointless of having Rally Australia. I know it's a game but still, place it back in Perth. Have a similar stage to Bunnings.

Aha! It's an Arcade game... and no WRCcars because the FIA Police came along and said NO. :/

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Dirt Rally was the biggest gift to us hardcore rally fans and there won't be anything close to it in the following years. That Codemasters manager just politely reveals that they miss a lot of audience and want it back, i.e. they will make some NFS crap for 13 year old american hamburger kids.

7. Likes: pino (14th February 2017)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    its a shame they throw away all the good job they have done with dirt rally,no wrcs no monte,greece and even finland, what rally game is that?
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

9. Likes: A FONDO (16th February 2017),pino (14th February 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Aha! It's an Arcade game... and no WRCcars because the FIA Police came along and said NO. :/
    No, it's both. They are keeping/improving the handling model from Dirt Rally but also adding another simpler model. Times for each handling type will be completely separate.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    Dirt Rally was the biggest gift to us hardcore rally fans and there won't be anything close to it in the following years. That Codemasters manager just politely reveals that they miss a lot of audience and want it back, i.e. they will make some NFS crap for 13 year old american hamburger kids.
    As above, they're doing both. It doesn't make commerical sense to keep doing games like DR...however they've proven to the bosses that there's an audience for it and hopefully will deliver a game that attracts the hamburger kids and the rest of us that love Dirt Rally.

Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    its a shame they throw away all the good job they have done with dirt rally,no wrcs no monte,greece and even finland, what rally game is that?
    They didn't 'throw away' anything, they've built on it. The WRCs, it's more a case of the rights holders wanting to give the official game a boost. You can't blame Codemasters for that. As for the rallies, wait and see what they actually deliver. Just because the Aussie stages are called 'Fitzroy' doesn't mean that they won't resemble something like Bunnings. I don't see why people are bother by what 'country' the rallies are supposedly in without actually driving the stages. As long as they are good to drive then they could name them Outer Mongolia for all I care.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I love DiRT Rally and it's probably the best Rally game made by Codies, along with Colin McRae2. I am playing it every day, because nothing can beat, driving a stage on Montecarlo or Finland and even Greece, with one of the many great car available from the Garage. All that will disappear with arrival of DiRT 4, although they will give us this cool feature called Your Stage. Australia and Spain are boring events if you ask me, so I think it's a step back for all Rally fans gamer.

My two cents
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    The stages aren't copy's of real-life anymore due to some restrictions. They now have stage generator called Your Stage that gives us almost unlimited amount of stages. You no-longer are able to memorize stages and you'll relay more on co-driver than your memory!
    WRC cars are out thanks to FIA, but they have updated physics and car handling. Kris Meek helped them to modify R5 class and Solberg WRX cars. That said, i'll take realistic and lower class cars over SLRE and WRC series crap.

Oh, and Nicky Grist is back