Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    With controller sometimes is frustrating. Especially on fast sections on gravel/snow: a "right 5-6 turn" is very difficult, or you break like it is a hairpin and say bye bye to stage win, or you go flatout and pray but it can work one or two times not three...
    I have not yet tried '90 / '00 and '10 cars, I'm playing with a pure career mode so I have driven only the car I bought (Lancia Fulvia, Lancia Sratos and LanciaS4). I hope the handling in the fast sections will be better with more recent cars...

P.S. Someone with PS4?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I found it virtually impossible to drive at any real pace in Sweden.

The 'slow and steady' route is definitely the best way to learn and also trying different cars to see what you get on with. I am best on rallycross tracks but not in the newer front wheel drive cars (although I haven't used them much). I also find it more difficult in the DS3 and the Mini has a weird habit of snap oversteer on corner exit. I'm also not a fan of the understeer in the Polo but can drive around that a bit easier.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    XBox 360 controller and I did a little bit of fettling with the deadband etc in the settings to make it less nervous when trying to keep straight. I agree about Sweden, I am hopeless there! Also in any rear wheel drive car I suffer from either snap oversteer or, when on the loose, big-long spins. I need to practise a bit more in something RWD to get eh hang of it but like I said before I am more than happy driving the quattros and the 555

Quote Originally Posted by Jack4688` View Post
    XBox 360 controller and I did a little bit of fettling with the deadband etc in the settings to make it less nervous when trying to keep straight. I agree about Sweden, I am hopeless there! Also in any rear wheel drive car I suffer from either snap oversteer or, when on the loose, big-long spins. I need to practise a bit more in something RWD to get eh hang of it but like I said before I am more than happy driving the quattros and the 555
    Get a wheel, you won't regret it. I've got a 360 wheel & pedals (including the table clamp thing) that's working and not being used (got a Logitech G29 as an upgrade). Price seems to vary a bit on eBay, I'd probably be happy with £40 plus postage if you're interested.

Not worth it until I get a PS4 to properly play the game - I'm using a pretty standard laptop at the moment, so I have to compromise the graphics to enable it to actually play. RX is massively jittery when you're running with other cars on track!

Yeah I had the same problem when I got the game, even when everything was set to low.

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Impreza, both models (not Grp N) first Focus and Evo X and maybe another Group A car are great and easy to drive....
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Haha that's funny cos I've found the Focus and Impreza from the 2000s WRC section, in fact anything from that group, difficult to handle. Polo is alright but the Fiesta is a little more difficult, very twitchy.

I love that they've made a game that gives so many different variations in feel for the vehicles AND a difference in personal opinion - that may all be by accident but still it makes for a far more fascinating game than the dross blackbean games have been producing.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Weird I find the Fiesta lazy and slow to change direction compared to the Polo, which I find is spot on. The Mini WRC seems to understeer loads, and the engine is very laggy!

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I have always problem with downshifting with the Fiesta, except for last two stages.