Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bernie To Quit?

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Bernie will not quit (and he should not), that is just PR talk from him. The thing is that the VAG director who was strongly against him is about to be throwned out of the board in 2017 so VAG's entry in F1 becomes a bit more possible.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I really wish there wasn't a question mark at the end of this thread title. I nearly jumped out of my seat with joy lol.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'd burn 100,000.02 USD if it meant Bernie stepping down,
    with or without Audi
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Sure, burn however much you want, just make sure we're paid first.
    "sup Koz, how is that sleep disorder hangin'?
    Don't worry scro' you're one of my dawgz, and will be taken care of in a expeditios manner. Let me know if you need an advance, because I wouldn't even charge you my normal 40% compounded daily.
    The F.A.M. has your back, don't forget it.
    Last edited by Tazio; 21st April 2015 at 14:17. Reason: :dork:
    May the forza be with you

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    If Bernie's saying he'll quit to get Audi into F1 it's because he knows Audi have no interest in entering the sport. The guy is the ultimate car salesman who will try an sell us a shit sandwich and convince us it tastes good. The guy will die in the job before he quits.
    Tell 'im ya don't like bread.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    "sup Koz, how is that sleep disorder hangin'?
    Don't worry scro' you're one of my dawgz, and will be taken care of in a expeditios manner. Let me know if you need an advance, because I wouldn't even charge you my normal 40% compounded daily.
    The F.A.M. has your back, don't forget it.
    My sleep is just fine, thanks. I'm happy to wait till the end of the season, but I'm sure we'd be all more comfortable if you didn't start burning the monies just yet.

Btw, does the FAM prefer baseball or cricket bats?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post

Btw, does the FAM prefer baseball or cricket bats?

May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Might as well stay on. Audi entering F1 would be the biggest anti-climax. A subplot to the soap opera that it is F1. Everyone would be used to their presence after 4 races, and be looking for the next story.

8. Likes: Tazio (30th April 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Bernie - you let Monza drop and I'm done.
    It happened once before... Pity this problem wasn't resolved when the mugging occured. But how well would his replacement perform? Even if a satisfactory level of F1 returned, one might still wonder how long it would last.

There's even some speculation here in the states about how long american football can maintain a popular fan base. Particulary with younger generations.

It's sad, and pathetic of course, when people like Tony George
    and Bernie Ecclestone have allowed themselves to become the worst enemies of such beloved institutions of speed they were intrusted with.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

10. Likes: Tazio (30th April 2015)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AAReagles View Post
    There's even some speculation here in the states about how long american football can maintain a popular fan base. Particulary with younger generations.
    I think this is a real issue that many forms of entertainment face today. People have access to so much entertainment and less time to enjoy it. They have to choose what the want to consume. Sports are often a family tradition. Mum and Dad were Dolphins supporters to little Johnny grows up a 'Phins fan. The games are always on the TV, perhaps they're discussed at the dinner table. It's part of the family almost. Take that away and it can be hard to get back.

In Australia soon F1 will no longer be on free TV. There are many households that simply can't or won't subscribe to pay TV. F1 will become largely invisible to the next generation as they won't be seeing it every other Sunday. With so many other things to take it's place how will it force it's way back into the hearts and minds? I doubt it will unless the powers-that-be have an epiphany and realise that the more people who see the sport in as many ways possible the better. Instead they hide it behind pay walls.

I fear for this sport, really do.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aareagles View Post
    there's even some speculation here in the states about how long american football can maintain a popular fan base. Particulary with younger generations.
    lol!