Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    Simply stating that drivers have been doing this for years is missing the point.

The girls were present as representative of whatever organisation (which organisation is not an issue - the track maybe?), and as such were there to perform a job - spurious as it was. I can't imagine anyone would agree that this would be appropriate for the office; the boss (pun intended) signs a big contract and celebrates by lining up the females and spraying them with champers - there would be much tut-tutting and lawsuits abounding.

I would wager that they would prefer not to be hosed down in some pseudo macho display, especially by a nonce like Lulu.

It's old, degrading and has had it's day. If it was changed up a little, say for example there were male model types on the dais, or even better IMO - the drivers were lined up and the girls hosed them with champers, and ignored all protestations to stop. Oh what larfs, stop taking it so seriously, they've done it for ages....

Bottom line, it reinforces the neanderthal image of elite level sports people (men in particular), and it's all a bit naff and should be done away with all together (along with the ridiculous post race interview on the podium, what crap that is).

2 cents are in the post....
    If Hamilton took out his big black Mickey and whipped her across the face with it, then that would reinforce the neanderthal image of elite level sports people. Playfully spraying her with Champagne in celebration is not doing so and to even suggest it is, is absolutely utterly retarded. It must be boring in the PC brigade world right now to say that champagne spraying, which has been occurring for a long time, is now the hot topic of conversation.

Here's some real news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32299273

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKamilton
    If Hamilton took out his big black Mickey and whipped her across the face with it, then that would reinforce the neanderthal image of elite level sports people.
    Nice touch Reggie. I do agree with the just of your post, but lets face it, we contest much less meaningful acceptable adult behavior on this forum.

Ecc' what you have reasoned out, is well stated, and meaningful. The one point I agree with you on most strongly is; The podium interviews was a nice novelty, but it generally sucks, and if enough people speak their mind that are in agreement Bernie will panic and ax it faster than you can say ; "wham bam thank ya' mam."
    Last edited by Tazio; 15th April 2015 at 16:49.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Men having fun in an area where women are not present as competitors (for whatever reason) equals sexism. So sayeth the angry feminists, so sayeth we all!

If not for this incident, the N.O.W. types wouldn't even know what an F1 race was.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    They don't have to be there If the girls are complaining then don't do the job !Millions of girls would give their right arm to be up there with the drivers ,and some more than their right arm !

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    I'm quite surprised that these particular feminists have any time to address this issue at all what with their constant lobbying and political efforts to stop female babies being thrown off bridges and improving the shockingly unequal and culturally accepted women's rights in China. . . . . . NOT
    This is a classic example of picking an easy fight.
    The serious and committed feminists are busy with more important issues.

6. Likes: Tazio (16th April 2015),The Black Knight (16th April 2015)
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Surely if he'd sprayed Vettel and rosberg and excluded the females who were present that would be discriminatory and sexist?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

8. Likes: The Black Knight (16th April 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Surely if he'd sprayed Vettel and rosberg and excluded the females who were present that would be discriminatory and sexist?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    Yeah exactly. I can see the headlines “Sexist Hamilton shunts Chinese hostess”. Then, if there were no females present, F1 would be criticized at some point for lack of female involvement on the podium. People are so stupid.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 16th April 2015 at 10:37.

And what about these girls?

http://f1pulse.com/images/photo-gall...grid-girls.jpg

Should Vettel be made apologize for reinforcing the neanderthal image of elite level sports people here?

Or what about here?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...9ejAto85sEi234

Shocking celebratory scenes altogether lol

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that she has probably had worse things sprayed in her face over the course of her lifetime
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 16th April 2015 at 10:39.

11. Likes: jens (16th April 2015)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And what about these girls?

http://f1pulse.com/images/photo-gall...grid-girls.jpg

Should Vettel be made apologize for reinforcing the neanderthal image of elite level sports people here?

Or what about here?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...9ejAto85sEi234

Shocking celebratory scenes altogether lol

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that she has probably had worse things sprayed in her face over the course of her lifetime
    +1

It is a bit crazy that we are discussing this.

But probably someone got a bit hurt for whatever reason.

Still... whoever was hurt, needs some perspective and realize there are far worse things in life!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    If Hamilton took out his big black Mickey and whipped her across the face with it, then that would reinforce the neanderthal image of elite level sports people. Playfully spraying her with Champagne in celebration is not doing so and to even suggest it is, is absolutely utterly retarded. It must be boring in the PC brigade world right now to say that champagne spraying, which has been occurring for a long time, is now the hot topic of conversation.

Here's some real news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32299273
    TBK - that shit bothers me, too. What's your point - I'm not allowed to disagree? I can't have an opinion on more than one thing at a time?

This thread is about Hamilton and the outdated ritual of spraying the podium girls with champers. Not al Shabab.

Do you get it?