Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Now jag, driveace and NJones chip in with some interpretations.

Never mind Nico's mental state. I'd be more concerned with the mental condition of some of you posters if Hamilton's engine blows up while in the lead during Bahrain, so that Rosberg inherits the win and titles lead. In that circumstance, I'd hope none of you are airline pilots.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Anybody's face would look like Rosberg's does in that picture if they had to wear those shoes.
    Forza Ferrari!!

3. Likes: A FONDO (14th April 2015),airshifter (14th April 2015),Whyzars (14th April 2015)
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    This photo is a shocker, what must the others in the batch look like? It proves the adage that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Now, which thousand am I going with?

I think that is the face of a man who has just eaten a wicked Vindaloo. He is fearful that if he breaks a smile they'll need to clean the camera lens with a mop.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Well, since the old "lit match under the seat" trick didn't work (Come on, man! That always works! Does Hamilton have asbestos underwear or something?!) and Rosberg is now down 0 for 3 in poles and results, if he's not emotionally broken, he's certainly emotionally bent.

I like Nico. But his recent comments and his body language and odd facial expressions during FIA press conferences says that Hamilton is dancing around in his head now. Just my feeling, but I'm thinking that if Hamilton gets a win from pole this weekend and gets a couple of more wins (poles aside) before Nico gets his first win, whether he's #2 in his own head or not, Toto and/or Niki will be delivering some sad news to Nico, should there be an opportunity for close battle with Hamilton on track. So he might want to arrange some group therapy sessions with Gerhard Berger, David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine and Rubens Barrichello before that happens. They can surely walk him through this difficult reality smack, should this come to pass.
    Don't forget Felipe Baby!
    I think a good example of a guy getting owned and taking like a man with dignity is Kimi 2014.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

Never mind Nico's mental state. I'd be more concerned with the mental condition of some of you posters if Hamilton's engine blows up while in the lead during Bahrain, so that Rosberg inherits the win and titles lead. In that circumstance, I'd hope none of you are airline pilots.
    If that happens to Hammy then I want to see some fight in Rosberg. I want to see him learn from last year's mistakes and take the WDC lead and never let go.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    He's a sook, and needs a long visit to the hall of mirrors.

Though Lulus demeanor would shatter in an instant if the position was reversed - maybe Britney is learning from the master? It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    So he might want to arrange some group therapy sessions with Gerhard Berger, David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine and Rubens Barrichello before that happens. They can surely walk him through this difficult reality smack, should this come to pass.
    Eddie Irvine seemed to be a rare case as it looked like he actually enjoyed being a #2 driver. He wasn't very ambitious and happily played tricks like Japanese GP of 1997 along and was comfortable in the knowledge that Michael was the best driver anyway, so why not help. Only in 1999, when he got his rare shot at the title with the help of circumstances, Eddie thought perhaps it is time to try out something else too.

Barrichello had some tough moments and emotional outbreaks, but in the end managed to deal with the state of affairs 'okayish' till 2005. I think he realized that sitting in the best car and finish second was better than fighting in midfield for scraps. Only in 2005, when Ferrari's performance dropped, he got fed up.

Coulthard was the ultimate PR-dream as he took things very professionally and didn't show anything outwards, but he can't have been too happy to let Häkkinen past a few times. He has mentioned it later.

Berger I think found a way to accept that Senna was simply better than him. So he did the best he could and even made some jokes on the way as was customary for him!

---

Rosberg is certainly going through a bit of a tough time now. I think it is pretty visible. Rosberg certainly seems to have a bit of an 'ego' and it seems it is pretty hard for him to accept that he has to be an "inferior" driver - harder than for many other drivers it has been. He made it pretty clear after the 2013 Malaysian team order that "I will keep this in mind". In a way I think it is important to be ambitious, but it can create enemies/frictions if you take things too seriously.
    Last edited by jens; 14th April 2015 at 12:20.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

What do I care about Hamilton's engine? If the turbo or engine in my new car blows up (now that I'm sure I've voided the warranty with modifications), if you see Apple drop to $5/share or if my oncologist sends me a letter stating that what he thought was benign is in fact cancer... then I'll have something to get wound up about. But even then, I believe it is over the line for you to (even jokingly) suggest that any of us would undertake the cowardly act of killing ourselves and others. That's not funny.

Tell ya what... you live with what could be a death sentence for six months and manage to keep it together and still do for others, then you can speculate on what might break me. But nothing will break me. Being my father's son, nothing will ever break me. Least of all, what happens to a racing driver or sports figure.

Thanks for playing though.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I have to agree with Journyman and Tazio.

A broken man? Hardly. He is a good racing driver losing out to another good racing driver who sadly for him is slightly better. Thats it.

Over reaction IMO
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    i don't think rosberg is a broken man, but i do believe it is dawning on him that hamilton is the superior driver and that perhaps his comments were simply foolish. so much so he had to take to his blog to issue a statement as to why he never tried to overtake. what was an okayish weekend, all things considered turned into a pr nightmare and embarrassing weekend for the german. he has been roundly mocked out by past drivers and champions as well as the media and fans alike for his dumb comments. I think the picture was taken after their debrief and he was probably still smarting from the dressing down he probably got from the team.

his last resort is to try and play mind games, but in this case it backfired as his only argument was that his teammate leading the race, the WDC leader, and closest rival for the title was not going fast enough....ridiculous
    Last edited by truefan72; 14th April 2015 at 22:08.
    you can't argue with results.