Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon of China

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    Edwin Moses. A living legend. I met him in 1982, while he was still dominating the hurdles. On Sunday he seemed like a well-informed fan, and I thoroughly enjoyed his podium interviews.
    I understand Amos Moses is doing the podium interviews at the USGP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRs97POJsAk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Imo, I was only really under the impression that Webber wanted to have the opportunity for a fair fight. I always thought his problem was with the team, not Vettel. I heard him say more than once "it's hard to accept that someone else is doing a better job than yourself, but you have to take it on the chin and keep fighting". I certainly don't remember him always claiming to be Vettel's equal and he certainly didn't only win when Vettel had problems. That's the beauty of Webber's nine wins. He had to beat Vettel who by his own admission was fast as f**k.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Hamilton - totally commanding performance the whole weekend.

Max Verstappen. Great performance, shame about the (gearbox?) failure. I went back and listened to the audio from the onboard footage of the failure and it was just brutal. Sounded like a rabid badger locked in a mailbox. I'd love to have seen the pile of parts fall out of the back when they opened the casing to see what happened...

Vettel. Pushing the red machine for all it's worth; I'm expecting to see him gradually reeling in the Mercs over the course of the next few races, and definitely think we'll be seeing him higher up the podium again very soon.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Nothing to add here.

Yep, Hamilton was pretty impressive. Especially how he responded, when he needed to open up a gap before second pitstops. It was textbook race management. Even though this made his team a bit nervous whether they may risk a 1-2 finish. But from a driver performance point of view there is nothing to criticize. It is team's task to inform drivers if they need to do something differently for a team result - Mercedes informed Hamilton and he immediately responded. Great job all around.

And then Max... almost a customary answer in these threads recently. That's saying something.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Imo, I was only really under the impression that Webber wanted to have the opportunity for a fair fight. I always thought his problem was with the team, not Vettel. I heard him say more than once "it's hard to accept that someone else is doing a better job than yourself, but you have to take it on the chin and keep fighting". I certainly don't remember him always claiming to be Vettel's equal and he certainly didn't only win when Vettel had problems. That's the beauty of Webber's nine wins. He had to beat Vettel who by his own admission was fast as f**k.
    And I fully respect that. Webber was great for sound bites etc and that side of him is missed by all, all I am saying is that Nico is a Webber/Coulthard type of driver, good.... but not great, can win when things are in his favour, but quite a way short of his team mate. (my thoughts only - not for an instant claiming it as a god-given fact)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Id say Hamilton but its a close run thing really Verstappen has proved all his critics wrong with his performances so far very unlucky at the end
    Regular news updates, race reviews and previews as well as FAQs at http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/