Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    Indeed, it's possible that the way to win the BTCC this year may not be to win that many races, but fly just under the radar and acculmulate big points that don't necessarily include first places. And that can't be quite right.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. This year's rules mean there is a fine line between the benefits of winning and not winning. Collard's day yesterday showed that.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I was just thinking during race 1, why do we need success ballast? BMW's, VW's, Honda's and MG's all fighting together providing close racing.

What the success ballast did in race 2 was make the racing slightly predictable. We knew that Collard was going to fall back
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    I was just thinking during race 1, why do we need success ballast? BMW's, VW's, Honda's and MG's all fighting together providing close racing.

What the success ballast did in race 2 was make the racing slightly predictable. We knew that Collard was going to fall back
    Exactly! Race one of the season always shows that it's unnecessary. I think it betrays a lack of confidence in the ability of the championship to entertain without gimmicks. As I said, the BTCC at present is on the cusp of being really good, but it's spoiled by this sort of thing.

By the way, am I alone in thinking TOCA ought to take proper disciplinary action against Rob Austin?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    By the way, am I alone in thinking TOCA ought to take proper disciplinary action against Rob Austin?
    Yes.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Yes.
    As in you don't think they should?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Bro' you're heaps beached eh!
    So beached.
    Beached as!
    Want a chip bro?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Caught up with the races online yesterday, seemed pretty decent on the whole, the extra success ballast is probably a little excessive, but I don't think that was Collards only problem in race 2, as much was the soft tyres. Only watched the races and skipped over the rest so missed anything about how the race 2 grid is formed. Overall some good racing, close between a number of cars and the field has some real depth which is great.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    Only watched the races and skipped over the rest so missed anything about how the race 2 grid is formed.
    Fastest lap from race 1 gets pole for race 2.

What I do think has improved (and was the case for much of last season) is that the driving standards are better now. Nice to see people getting close up to Druids but not just barging people out the way, which has often been the case in the past. The closest move I can remember was Priaulx in race 2, and that was more a case of bashing door handles (the way it should be).
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Agreed. There's a lot to be said for just watching the races and enjoying them individually, and not worrying too much about ballast and grid formations and such.

On the Rob Austin front... that's what you get if you get somebody with a vested interest picking balls from a bowl that is at least partially see-through. Honestly, I can't imagine I'd have done anything different myself (assuming I was ever good enough to finish in the top 10 of a BTCC race, which seems unlikely)
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com