Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    What I do think has improved (and was the case for much of last season) is that the driving standards are better now. Nice to see people getting close up to Druids but not just barging people out the way, which has often been the case in the past. The closest move I can remember was Priaulx in race 2, and that was more a case of bashing door handles (the way it should be).
    Yes, it's much better these days. Priaulx and Turkington in particular set an excellent example.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    Agreed. There's a lot to be said for just watching the races and enjoying them individually, and not worrying too much about ballast and grid formations and such.
    I do agree. Indeed, the BTCC is the only racing series in which I can get interested these days, for exactly that reason. The racing is good and the driver line-up of a high quality. Even so, I don't think it's inappropriate to criticise certain elements.

Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    On the Rob Austin front... that's what you get if you get somebody with a vested interest picking balls from a bowl that is at least partially see-through. Honestly, I can't imagine I'd have done anything different myself (assuming I was ever good enough to finish in the top 10 of a BTCC race, which seems unlikely)
    Well, quite. I may have been rather harsh.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Completely missed round one this year. Hope to get on track (pun intended) and catch Round 2.

I agree with those saying all the jumbling of grids is wrong.

In any category I believe it should always be fastest driver on pole and then fastest in race wins.

Many might think thats wrong or boring, but its motorsport. Not motor "show"
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy