Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Markku Allen at a local rally at Argentina at 90s ,if i remember right,he managed more than 200km/h average.He lost that stage from a local who was faster.It was gravel rally.
    Cant remmber the name of rally,i ve read it at Martin Holmes pirelli yearbook,but i am away from my home to see exactly the average speed and the name of rally.
    didnt remember it right.

the rally was at Paraguay and the name of rally was ''Trans Chaco''
    Allen was entered with a Lancia integrale,and at stage No2 with 68km distance was covered at 21,26 min(191km/h)
    An other driver Galanti Alex with a celica took less 19 minutes with average 216km/h
    these are written at Pirelli annual book No27 2004-2005 by Martin Holmes.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    That means they run almost all the time straight... I don't know what is impressive about that
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That means they run almost all the time straight... I don't know what is impressive about that
    Ja, has to be. Can't imagine cars from the 80s taking corners faster than cars nowadays. Especially that known understeerer, the Quattro A2. They might have been driving on a highway for all we know.
    His brawling style earned him a reputation as the meanest man in boxing. He is said to have knocked out a woman ... and a horse ... EACH, with one punch.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Dont know if its impressive too,i have not see any video from this stage.
    At pirelli year book writes that is with long straights and bumpy gravel roads.
    With 90s cars suspension i guess wasn t so easy even at straights with these speeds for 80+ km long stages.