Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    maybe i missed it but does it say what must happen if the crew of the incoming car doesn't see any SOS or OK sign ? because that is what happened here...
    and ignores all the in-car warning systems, well we will have to wait and see what has been verified and reported to the FIA for further action.

I do not have a schedule of FIA standard penalties at hand. However FYI in New Zealand where all our rallies run very close to WRC regulations (but with a few changes because we are such a remote place) the penalty is:
    A3R.17
    Failure to stop for displayed
    Red SOS.
    $1000.00
    1. Exclusion from Meeting or
    Event.
    2. Endorsement of
    competition licence for
    minimum of 12 months.

New Zealand does use the excellent Australian made Rallysafe vehicle tracking system www.rallysafe.com.au which gives instant information back to Rally HQ and from HQ back to the competing cars. It tracks vehicles, records times stages, measures "G" force in accidents, enables competitors to request fire or medical assistance. In all a magic system that for a minimal cost could be in use for all rallies world wide.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    so what the regulation is if there is no sign at all ? maybe they inform them about these things before the event... In any case Tanak did the right thing. The place was full of marshals and spectators and nobody made a sign to him to slow down or stop...

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    and ignores all the in-car warning systems, well we will have to wait and see what has been verified and reported to the FIA for further action.

I do not have a schedule of FIA standard penalties at hand. However FYI in New Zealand where all our rallies run very close to WRC regulations (but with a few changes because we are such a remote place) the penalty is:
    A3R.17
    Failure to stop for displayed
    Red SOS.
    $1000.00
    1. Exclusion from Meeting or
    Event.
    2. Endorsement of
    competition licence for
    minimum of 12 months.

New Zealand does use the excellent Australian made Rallysafe vehicle tracking system www.rallysafe.com.au which gives instant information back to Rally HQ and from HQ back to the competing cars. It tracks vehicles, records times stages, measures "G" force in accidents, enables competitors to request fire or medical assistance. In all a magic system that for a minimal cost could be in use for all rallies world wide.
    again it says failed to stop at S.O.S

what about if nothing is dispalyed ???

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    But I believe this wasn´t the case for Tanak (or Evans) coming to the sight. So maybe it wasn´t anything wrong just passing by?
    me too. It was impossible to see if someone was in the car and by the way for sure Evans wasn't wrong in an ethical point of view either.

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    judging from wild lines and the fact he hasn't lifted it was Tanak

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    yeap, it was Tanak

if you saw the back of the drowning Fiesta but it was impossible to see if someone was in the car would you drive past without stopping?

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    nobody made a sign to him to slow down or stop...
    I saw at least one person slowing him down

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moto99 View Post
    He was already in the air when that guy told him to slow. People before that corner should did it.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by moto99 View Post
    i saw him too but he was around 10 meters from the crash... tanak is a human being not a cat and no fighter pilot to slow down mid air.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    again it says failed to stop at S.O.S

what about if nothing is dispalyed ???
    Again from the MotorSport NZ schedule of standard penalties
    A3R.16
    Failure to display a warning
    triangle.
    $500.00
    Endorsement of Competition
    Licence for a minimum of 1
    month, and maximum of 12
    months.

Stewards have the authority to add additional penalties.

One of the beauties of the in-car system is that you get a pre-warning aof a stopped vehicle. For instance with Rallysafe we get a 250 - 300 metres warning prior to an accident scene or a vehicle stoppage as the system also transmits between competing vehicles so it is a bit like the yellow flag in the motor race scene where to do get a warning of a situation before you become part of it.

When it comes to a hearing with the Clerk of the Course or the Stewards it is pretty hard to argue that you did not know about the incident

The in-car system does not remove the requirement to erect a safety triangle approx. 50 metres from the scene but sometimes people are still extracting themselves when the next car arrives.