Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Formula 1 has become boring in the last few years, but its can never be as boring as cricket

2. Likes: rjbetty (27th March 2015)
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    As an Aussie I have a confession...

Cricket bores me to distraction. There, I said it!

I feel soooo liberated, though I am now in fear of my virtual life

In fact, it's almost as boring as the current Mercedes domination of F1, but I would watch this all day compared to the boring-as-batshit ballgame...

Edit: However, I will not be watching either as 1/ I am not interested in cricket (as you may have guessed from above) and 2/ the F1 is not on FTA TV in my shithole backwater of a country! Thanks Rupert. Though the Murdochracy is kindly showing Noblesse Oblige by allowing us great unwashed to see an hours edited highlights of the V8SC.

It's base, grubby thievery like this (siphoning?) that drives normally law abiding citizens like me into the arms of the Bit Torrent.

Rant over! Enjoy the race everyone else - if you can.
    Last edited by TheFamousEccles; 27th March 2015 at 00:06.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    If anything gives hope to the hopeless, it's a wet track, which we will probably have this weekend. If there is going to be an upset, look to Vettel or Ricciardo.

The good news is that the Manors hit the track at last!

and this:

Fernando Alonso returned to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda for the first time since his Barcelona testing accident, showing he meant business by going straight into a flying lap on his opening run. He had a slight moment at the high-speed Turn 12, and outpaced teammate Jenson Button by 0.3s on his way to 14th fastest time.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 27th March 2015 at 04:37.

5. Likes: Tazio (27th March 2015)
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Merican who likes F1, telling me Merica doesn't like cricket? You should watch the semi-final that's on right now.

NOW!
    Dawg, I'm not Mexican or any other derivative of Spanish, and indigenous American. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S. from Italy over a century go. I am also, as far as my research has been able to discern, I/8 French. Don't get me wrong, I do not think that there is anything ignoble about being Mexican, after all they are a descendants of Spaniards, and Aztecs.

More to the point I am a Southern Californian, if you don't know the distinction between us and the rest of The United States of America, it's OK you kind of had to have lived it as I have for more than 55 years.
    What in the flock are you, some kind of Anglo mutt, whose ancestors where shipped to your homeland for being thieves, and whores?

Just kidding mate, I hope you enjoyed the Cricket thingy. I don't know how I managed to miss it
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th March 2015 at 03:35.

7. Likes: journeyman racer (28th March 2015)
    Sepang: Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel yesteray turned down an offer from rival Mercedes to visit their garage at the Malaysian Grand Prix, dismissing it as a PR stunt.
    Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg made the offer after the pair clashed during the winners' press conference following the season's first race in Australia.
    But Vettel said the initiative was a thinly veiled public relations exercise. "Now they use it as a PR thing... so the answer is 'no'," he told reporters at Malaysia's Sepang circuit.
    "I think I'm pretty busy here, so I'm better off staying here," Vettel added.
    http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsD...storyid=398747
    OMG the utter embarrassment to everyone in the Ferrari camp, they will never live this down. Where is 'Zemo when you need him.
    Just kidding guys it doesn't mean Sh** to me

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    Edit: However, I will not be watching either as 1/ I am not interested in cricket (as you may have guessed from above) and 2/ the F1 is not on FTA TV in my shithole backwater of a country! Thanks Rupert. Though the Murdochracy is kindly showing Noblesse Oblige by allowing us great unwashed to see an hours edited highlights of the V8SC.
    I'm confused by your complaint.

F1 is on in our backwater of a country.
    There is no 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix. It does not exist.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

10. Likes: raybak (27th March 2015)
    Boss takes early exit in FP1:

I pulled over as you asked me to, but I would have made it back."His engineer replied "we are a bit worried about this because it's a race engine" and the team did not want to risk aggravating the problem.
    Looks like a bloody engine change!

http://www.vipleague.se/motorsports/...am-online.html

Sorrrrrrrrry!

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    If you had told me every Renault engine at the circuit had caught on fire I'de be more likely to believe that than Mercedes losing one.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I meant the Malaysian GP - I should have consulted your handy guide!

I am still in a mean and seditious mood! I shouldn't be surprised - the third member of the LNP coalition aka: News Corp was always going to get away with this kind of siphoning. Tony our (rather inept) Prime Minister knows which arse to kiss. And Rupert will be proffering one cheek at a time.

Grrrr!!!!!!! Very Firetrucking angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Kimi only .37 slower than Nico, very impressive!