Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Takes you back doesn't it.
    Back to sweet memories
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    But Ferrari's chief designer James Allison certainly knows, how to make tyres work in hot conditions. He did that in Lotus as well!

Though good news is that Ferrari is going well in the wet as well. Certainly did in yesterday's qualifying. While Lotuses used to struggle in the wet.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Takes you back doesn't it.
    I walked away from the tv when it began...
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

4. Likes: steveaki13 (29th March 2015)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´very glad for Ferrari and Sebastian, you did it on merit! Kimi, what an incredible race, if only you had started further up.

6. Likes: airshifter (29th March 2015),pino (29th March 2015)
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Mia, where have you been, you have been missed !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

8. Likes: Mia 01 (29th March 2015)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Mind

Officially

Blown

Ferrari had real pace today. Without that cut tire in the picture, Kimi was easily at least fighting for the podium as well. Vettel really didn't even have to push that hard IMO, as he had control of the race fairly early. I think the safety car helped Lewis and Nico quite a bit, though it obviously helped Kimi as well.

This is what we need for a good season. It not only helps Ferrari and the fans watching the front, it shows the "best of the rest" that it's possible to overcome what was considered complete domination by Mercedes. And if at least two teams are dicing at the front, it often slows them down and lessens the gap to the rest of the field. With pressure teams make more mistakes, and strategy calls often have a larger chance to turn hero into zero, or the inverse. It's seeming as if Ferrari is better with their tires, and that can be a huge advantage when it comes to strategy. I hope this keeps up, as I'm tired of watching a two person race for the WDC, even after just a season.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    My last post for today, as I will be attending the Cricket World Cup Final. So to the rest of you, you enjoy the minor event of an MB exhibition in Malaysia today. If you do flick over to the cricket. I'll be sitting in the first row of the Southern stand, about where 3rd Man, Long On is for a right hand bat. You foreigners will figure out what that means.

Have a good one!

Don't worry about it. We knew you weren't serious about respecting him in the first place anyway.
    I hope you enjoyed your cricket match, because you picked a day that made you miss a really good race. And I couldn't agree with your last statement any more than 100%. The transparency is amazing with the haters and fanboi's.

10. Likes: journeyman racer (30th March 2015)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surely Alonso must be feeling gutted, now that Ferrari have improved so much after he left. He seems to have a history of moving teams at the wrong time. Is Alonso being advised by a poor manager or was the decision to leave Ferrari made by himself?
    Last edited by Ultima; 29th March 2015 at 15:21.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Surely Alonso must be feeling gutted, now that Ferrari have improved so much after he left. He seems to have a history of moving to teams at the wrong time. Is Alonso being advised by a poor manager or was the decision to leave Ferrari made by himself?
    From what I've heard, which is basically hearsay, I think it was more like he made demands to Ferrari that Mattiacci (or the team as a whole) wasn't willing to accept. I've also heard that failing to keep Alonso was one of the reasons why Mattiacci got axed, but I don't know whether to believe that.

Anyway, it looks like Mercedes has the best car with Ferrari a close second, so if McLaren is still nowhere by the end of the season, you can expect Zo to rue what might have been had he stayed with the Italians. Assuming that he isn't ruing his decision already, of course.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Given the thumping they handed out in Australia, Mercedes probably thought they might have a chance to sweep the board this year.

Watching Australia, the Mercedes really did make it look way too easy. How did that kind of advantage disappear in two weeks? If Ferrari can maintain this kind of form we are going to have a great championship.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Good race, lots of battles on track.

I wonder if, while Alonso is the best driver in the field (I think my opinion is held by the majority), his off track decision making is not as great. Seeing Ferrari win the season after he leaves, when his McLaren bit the dust must have made his weekend a very frustrating one.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

15. Likes: andyone (29th March 2015)