Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    We could do worse. Mateshitz made all those billions out of next to nothing. I'de imagine he knows how to run a business.
    Yeah, but so did the dwarf that we have now. Course, when Barney the Dinosaur gets beamed back up to the mothership one of these days, one has to wonder who will be able to herd cats as well as he has over the years? But CVC is a private vulture group. So I expect they're looking to sell sooner than later.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Also, with what Ferrari has been able to accomplish over the winter and how the Toro Rosso-Renaults are at least equal to the Red Bulls thus far, possibly Horner should spend some time studying the fellow in the mirror and less time whining and finger-pointing.

Just a thought...
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Also, with what Ferrari has been able to accomplish over the winter and how the Toro Rosso-Renaults are at least equal to the Red Bulls thus far, possibly Horner should spend some time studying the fellow in the mirror and less time whining and finger-pointing.

Just a thought...
    I think what Toro Rosso has developed, is truly remarkable. Especially as they have rookie drivers, who even regardless of how talented they are, are not performing at 100% yet. Also considering power unit disparities, chances are Toro Rosso might have third best chassis in the field right now, after Mercedes and Ferrari! Which would be a stunning achievement!

However, they are likely to drop backwards during the season as other teams are getting their act together.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Just like Williams-BMW...
    Will Renault run their own team and then leave the sport with too high expectations like Beemer??
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Imagine if Torro Rosso still had Ferrari lumps, they'd be racing Williams, possibly for podiums

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Just like Williams-BMW...
    Will Renault run their own team and then leave the sport with too high expectations like Beemer??
    Who knows.
    I am still struggling to see a good reason, why should Renault have their own team unless they are prepared to increase their budget 3-4 times and really get their heads down to fight against Ferrari and factory Mercedes teams and try to bring the glory days of Renault back, which they had a decade ago. Is this what they discuss internally in Renault HQ, I don't know.

I can understand Renault doesn't get much exposure right now, because Red Bull and Toro Rosso liveries are all Red Bull. Not in Renault colours (mainly yellow). But having their own team is a completely different ballgame.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Ahhh good old common sense. I wonder how long this will last, my guess is until after the first P session in China.

RBR do have a point, the Renault lump would make a great boat anchor - but Renault do have a point, the RBR chassis is a dog. I would love to be a Ferrari, Merc, or even Honda trouble maker right now, it wiould be fun to poke Renault and RBR with a stick, just to keep the feud stoking along

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    The both would have been smarter to just agree to shut up instead of announcing they don't hate each other. I mean, why even draw attention to the spat by acknowledging it's over. Just shut up, get back to work, and fix it.

I also don't buy it that the Red Bull chassis is a dog. If the motor is so undriveable that you never know what it is going to do next, it's kind of hard to dial your set up in. One of the things that is making Red Bull look less than spectacular is that the Torro Rosso has been spectacular with the same motor.

I think when Renault gets the motor right that Red Bull will right in there with Williams and Ferrari. Torro Rosso will be looking pretty good too.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Renault can always buy Sauber - they already run their colours
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

11. Likes: steveaki13 (2nd April 2015)