Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Renault can always buy Sauber - they already run their colours
    Isn't Renault only yellow? I remember that Renault's blue from 2002-2006 was only due to Mild Seven sponsorship.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Renault were yellow, white and black.
    Forza Ferrari!!

3. Likes: N4D13 (2nd April 2015),Storm (2nd April 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Isn't Renault only yellow? I remember that Renault's blue from 2002-2006 was only due to Mild Seven sponsorship.
    well some of their colours or get Telefonica on board

Last edited by Storm; 2nd April 2015 at 10:47.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

5. Likes: N4D13 (2nd April 2015)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I read that Red Bull has already run through 6 of their 8 allowed engines. I'm not sure where Toro Rosso is, but it couldn't be a whole lot better.

Considering how dominant Renault has been in the past, this is almost painful to watch now. This is beginning to remind me of the Rise & Fall of the Cosworth Empire.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Generally speaking. We have seen teams going through 'high' and 'low' periods. For instance McLaren certainly entered a lean period in 2013. Mercedes had one in 2010-12/13. And so on.

Looking at wider implications, I wonder if this is a temporary setback or it could well be a longer lean period for Red Bull. It depends on various factors, but especially on the Red Bull-Renault relationship in the new regulations era. Neither is going through an easy time. They have to find a resolution, how to go forward, because otherwise they are in danger of facing a lengthy lean period together. They can't carry on in this 'state of uncertainty' for long. Uncertainty basically means struggle and uncompetitiveness.

Renault has to decide, how to approach engine programme and make their PU much more competitive. Red Bull has to make some adjustments in the chassis design department in the post-Newey era as well. Perhaps promote James Key, who is doing an excellent job at Toro Rosso? Like Ferrari hired James Allison from Lotus and it is paying dividents. However, overall, the weaker link is still the Renault PU in the package.

Also I am pondering about wider implications, like the silly season. Because if this is a longer lean period, Ricciardo might start looking for a way to get alongside Vettel at Ferrari again! And certainly there will be teams interested in Verstappen. But at least Red Bull has plenty of young talented drivers coming up, so they can't worry about it. BUT... if your car is bad, it won't attract great drivers that easily. Even though McLaren-Honda somehow managed to woo one of the best driver pairings on the grid to themselves...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/horne...l-quit-threat/

I think that Red Bull are going too far with the whole quitting saga we all know it wont happen so why do they bother with threats at all?

maybe for the benefit if the sport if they continue to pit their dummy out then they should leave and stop dragging F1 down with it
    Regular news updates, race reviews and previews as well as FAQs at http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/