Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    Both Labour and Conservative have said in one way or another that they will increase taxes and reduce spending.
    Good.
    At the end of Q4 2014, UK gross government debt amounted to £1.51 tn or 88.1% of GDP.

Ideally, taxation rates on Dividends, Interest and Capital Gains should be brought into line with marginal taxation rates on Income Tax. That is, you should be paying tax on those things as you do all ordinary income. The fact that they're not is a giant rort.

You can't create surpluses and draw down debt unless taxation receipts exceeds government spending.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Good.
    At the end of Q4 2014, UK gross government debt amounted to £1.51 tn or 88.1% of GDP.

Ideally, taxation rates on Dividends, Interest and Capital Gains should be brought into line with marginal taxation rates on Income Tax. That is, you should be paying tax on those things as you do all ordinary income. The fact that they're not is a giant rort.

You can't create surpluses and draw down debt unless taxation receipts exceeds government spending.
    Quite agreed. The fact they are taxed differently has all sorts of tax evasion consequences. I believe it's quite regular for directors of companies, for example, to take a salary which puts them just below the higher rate, then take the remainder as dividends, which are taxed lower. It should of course be changed such that it doesn't matter how the money is delivered, it's all taxed the same anyway.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I was under the impression that the current Government is ,or has brought a law in that all Company Directors cannot be paid in Bonuses to avoid paying tax on all the money they get paid as remuneration .
    I have a couple of members of my immediate family who own companies and they are talking Bonuses ,obviously to keep their tax bill down ,
    IF this government hasn't outlawed it ,then it needs doing by the next Chancellor

Admin
    I think bonuses are quite different to share dividends.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think bonuses are quite different to share dividends.
    How so?

If they were both "ordinary income" they'd be taxed at the marginal rates. Someone collecting dividends whose income is £10,000 pays less on that next £1 than someone on £200,000.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    So all the major party manifesto's have been launched, and one thought springs to mind.

What a bunch load of incompetent, out of touch turd.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    They are probably not incompetent.

Its just they have to tell people they are going to do something, make them believe it and they do all they can to cover up the fact they are not doing it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    So who saw the debate last night involving all but Cameron and Clegg?

I think the absence of those two played into Milibands hands. He came across as fair and balanced.

The Plaid Cymru woman sounded like she was reading everything she was saying.
    The Green woman has absolutely no charisma or idea about anything, why on earth is she a party leader?
    The SNP woman debated her point of view very well, but she isn't even up for election so why is she representing them in these debates?
    Nigel Farage predictably blamed everything on immigrants and the EU. He seems like an intelligent bloke, but is obviously just targeting people who are unable to or not educated enough to think of anything other than reactionary policies as solutions to complex political issues.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

9. Likes: donKey jote (17th April 2015)
    Admin
    Sturgeon isn't up for election herself of course but she is the leader of the SNP and it was a debate between party leaders so it makes sense she is there.

I do like Farage he comes across well enough it's just that is views are completely wrong!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    His views are correct ,just not politically correct!
    His views about tourists coming to use the NHS without paying into the system ,or paying anything for the service is correct
    His views on Overseas aid is correct ,we give 0.7 % of our National Income to countries like India and Pakistan that have nuclear programes ,it needs to stop Charity begins at home .
    He is correct on the "Barrett Formula " even the Labour peer who brought it in as a TEMPORARY measure says it is wrong and should be scrapped .
    He says the right things ,and I agree with him that from the applause it appeared avery left wing audience last night.
    I wish him and his party well ,even Milliband tried to lie last night to try and discredit Farage