Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sturgeon isn't up for election herself of course but she is the leader of the SNP and it was a debate between party leaders so it makes sense she is there.

I do like Farage he comes across well enough it's just that is views are completely wrong!
    If Sturgeon really wanted rid of the Tories then she wouldn't be trying to her best to destroy the Labour vote in Scotland. She knows that the longer the Conservatives run the UK, the stronger the SNP becomes in Scotland.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I also think that Nicola Sturgeon is dangerous ,they have the advantage of the Barrett Formula ,where the Scotch get £400 more per head of population than the English do.They lost the vote for independance but now want to vote on English issues,and wreck our economy,Her parents live in an Ex council house which they bought for £30000,its now worth £150000,but she is against ,other council house tenants buying their house at a discount ,as her family did.
    I have worked in Glasgow as a Driving Examiner,and the Scots hate the English with a vengance !

It's the Barnett Formula.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I also think that Nicola Sturgeon is dangerous ,they have the advantage of the Barrett Formula ,where the Scotch get £400 more per head of population than the English do.They lost the vote for independance but now want to vote on English issues,and wreck our economy,Her parents live in an Ex council house which they bought for £30000,its now worth £150000,but she is against ,other council house tenants buying their house at a discount ,as her family did.
    I have worked in Glasgow as a Driving Examiner,and the Scots hate the English with a vengance !
    Do you know what? I couldn't care less. I'm all for the SNP influencing the outcome if it pushes a Labour minority administration leftwards. If that happens, it will have been on the basis of a democratic vote, and not a little influenced by the aftermath of the independence referendum. I was against Scottish independence, but the way English politicians have treated Scotland since — bearing in mind what a close-run thing the result was — has been utterly contemptible. So, too, is your last remark.

I note you can't even spell 'independence', which indicates the level of thought you've given to the matter.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    The Scots should hate the English with a vengeance. It was the thieves in the city who sold every trophy in the cabinet for a fiver and most recently, expected to be bailed out by the taxpayer when they looked a bit dodgy; so that they could pay bonuses to them. Also, given the MP expenses scandal, Scotland has even more right to be ticked off.

The whole British economy has been redesigned over the pats 30 or so years to throw everyone off the boat who wasn't involved in shuffling around the big pile of money in the square mile.
    What's this "our economy" you speak of? Are you part of the band of thieves running EC2?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I don't want to see UKIP get any seats. Their value to the country is that they do an excellent job of stirring the proverbial about a limited number of issues - something which is easy to do if you don't have to make any decisions or compromises.
    The SNP are riding the bandwagon for as much as they can get out of it but they risk finding that the result is an attempt to resolve the West Lothian question in a way detrimental to them.
    Has any one managed to work out what the Green party are for? How do they intend to keep lights in our homes, the wheels of industry turning, etc?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    Has any one managed to work out what the Green party are for? How do they intend to keep lights in our homes, the wheels of industry turning, etc?
    They seem to base themselves on being a vote for all the hippies out there and anyone who has to support green issues, even though voting for them will not achieve any of these goals.

Failing that, the good old protest vote.

Still thats the nature of democracy. They are there and people are free to vote for them. Even if we dont really know what they stand for
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Still nothing but SNP on the election news slots. Why is it so much about them?

We have the referendum and surely thats a once in a generation or two's thing. Annoys me.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    They seem to base themselves on being a vote for all the hippies out there and anyone who has to support green issues, even though voting for them will not achieve any of these goals.

Failing that, the good old protest vote.

Still thats the nature of democracy. They are there and people are free to vote for them. Even if we dont really know what they stand for
    They have quite a few councillors, who like to turn residential areas into 20mph zones.

The Greens say that they'll spend £8bn over five years on 'walking and cycling'. Is that a free pair of trainers and push bike for everyone then?

10. Likes: steveaki13 (20th April 2015)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Still nothing but SNP on the election news slots. Why is it so much about them?

We have the referendum and surely thats a once in a generation or two's thing. Annoys me.
    Because they launched their manifesto today and it's quite likely they will be the third biggest party at Westminster after the election.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums