Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Which is a problem when a party focuses on only 1 of the 4 nations in the UK. Same goes for the Welsh party Plaid Cymru or English Democrats.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Because they launched their manifesto today and it's quite likely they will be the third biggest party at Westminster after the election.
    Hear hear.

+1

Based on the Sun's poll as at 17-Apr:

Lab - 287
    Con - 278
    SNP- 46
    Lib Dem - 15
    Dem Union - 8
    Sinn Fein - 5
    Plaid Cymru - 3
    SDLP - 3
    UKIP - 2
    Grn - 1
    Alliance - 1
    Ind - 1

Assuming this is the result.

If the SNP and Labour form a Coalition, then they'd have enough seats to form government.
    If the SNP and Labour form a Coalition, then they wouldn't have enough seats to form government and fall two seats short.

If the above isn't the result, then there might be a rainbow coalition in place if the swing against majors is sufficient. The SNP are important because they're likely to be kingmakers unless there's a WSOGMM group against them.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    If you were to place all of the manifestos in front of me, without knowing which one belonged to which party, I would probably end up picking the Lib Dems.

And that is quite depressing.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    A vote for Labour is essentially a vote for the almost undoubted SNP/Labour Coalition.

Even though Ed Miliband has said he won't form a government with Nicola Sturgeon, Labour since 1997 have proven themselves to be a bunch of compulsive liars and addicted shoppers who don't know when to stop using their Credit Cards. Miliband, of course he will form a government with the SNP - anything to get in power ahead of the Conservatives.

For that reason alone, and there are many more viable reasons, I will not be voting Labour.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza View Post
    A vote for Labour is essentially a vote for the almost undoubted SNP/Labour Coalition.
    A vote for the Tories is essentially a vote for the SNP/Conservative Coalition though.

Almost certainly, anyone who forms government will have to do so with the SNP unless they're able to form one with a WSOGMM Rainbow Pick-N-Mix Coalition made up of everyone who isn't the SNP or the enemy.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza View Post

Even though Ed Miliband has said he won't form a government with Nicola Sturgeon, Labour since 1997 have proven themselves to be a bunch of compulsive liars and addicted shoppers who don't know when to stop using their Credit Cards. Miliband, of course he will form a government with the SNP - anything to get in power ahead of the Conservatives.

For that reason alone, and there are many more viable reasons, I will not be voting Labour.
    Given that both Cameron and Milliband both totally excluded the possibility of a coalition government with anyone and that neither are likely to have a majority, I think its safe to say that if we have either the Tories or Labour enter a coalition government on Friday or soon after we'll have started with the PM proving themselves to be an outright liar whichever side they come from.

Despite being a card carrying Tory I've voted Labour today. Any party that even flirts with the idea of leaving the EU and is anti-immigration cannot pretend to be pro-business. Nor can any humane party sanction further benefit cuts of the size that are needed without also addressing the way the wealthy benefit from lax taxation and tax policing. Its the 21st century and we claim to be the 7th largest economy in the world. Food banks should be banished to science fiction and Victorian era dramas not be a reality for a substantial proportion of the population.

7. Likes: Brown, Jon Brow (7th May 2015),donKey jote (7th May 2015)
    I went Lib Dem. Despite going back on their word on tuition fees I still think that they have limited the Tories ideologically driven austerity programme. The £4000 extra tax free I get now is thanks to Cleggy, so I'm sticking to my centrist beliefs.

My constituency was 50+% Conservative last time so meh.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post

My constituency was 50+% Conservative last time so meh.
    Likewise my area is so conservative labour haven't bothered wasting money campaigning there...

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Exit poll

It looks like the Tories are gaining marginal seats from the Lib Dems and Labour are losing out to the SNP.