Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA's Mate

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

NCAA's Mate

I hope my alma mater beats St. Johns of New York.
    SDSU Gooooooo.....State!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_5Byr3eRo
    sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!
    May the forza be with you

The Red Storm’s first trip back to the NCAA Tournament in five years lasted only one game. The ninth-seeded Johnnies suffered a 76-64 defeat against No. 8 San Diego State before 16,945 in a South Region second-round game at Time Warner Cable Arena.

Next up, "The Dukesters!"

Somewhat historic meeting up around charlotte, N.C.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) The last time Mike Krzyzewski and Steve Fisher met in the NCAA Tournament, they were coaching two of the most memorable teams in college basketball history for a national title.
    They're facing off again more than two decades later, when Krzyzewski and the top-seeded Blue Devils (30-4) face Fisher and the eighth-seeded Aztecs (27-8) in Sunday's round of 32 in the South Regional.
    It's a testament to the longevity of both coaches. One stayed put to become the winningest coach in men's Division I history while the other went west and built a consistent winner at a program with no postseason success before his arrival.
    ''The excitement for me is we're playing,'' Fisher said Saturday. ''We're playing in the NCAA Tournament, we won a game, we're in the round of 32. We're playing a great, great program but we'll be worrying about the players on the floor.
    ''Mike is the architect and I think I would probably lose 10-9 in a game against him. But he's not going to be playing. Nor will I.''
    The two veteran coaches - Krzyzewski is 68, Fisher turns 70 on Tuesday - talked about a friendship that Krzyzewski said predated their only tournament matchup in the 1992 final.
    The nearly 23-year gap will be the longest between tournament meetings for head coaches in NCAA history, according to STATS.
    The `92 matchup between Duke and Fisher's Michigan team featured big names like Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill and the Wolverines' ''Fab Five'' freshmen. The Blue Devils won 71-51 for their second straight championship.
    No Duke player was born then; three San Diego State players hadn't reached 6 months old yet.
    ''We're both old coaches who got in it for the right reasons and we're still in it for the right reasons,'' Krzyzewski said. ''He's just been really good for basketball. I've enjoyed my friendship with him.''
    Krzyzewski has gone on to reach 1,013 career victories and win two more titles since then. He has his 13th No. 1-seeded team behind star freshman big man Jahlil Okafor.
    Fisher took over at San Diego State in 1999 - Fisher said he received a message of ''Welcome back'' from Krzyzewski when he took the job - and has guided the Aztecs to six straight NCAA Tournaments with two trips to the Sweet 16. He also won a national title at Michigan in 1989.
    The two coaches are still just as driven all these years later, too.
    ''It's funny because when (Fisher) wants you to do something, he's going to act it out for you,'' senior Aztecs forward JJ O'Brien said. ''... He's moving his feet real quick and everything. He moves pretty well for a 70-year-old man, I must say.''

Updated tournament Bracket:
    http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...ketball-men/d1
    Action-packed tourney, but it will take a very special type of performance for the Aztecs to beat the Blue Devils
    University of Arizona, U of Oregon, or Gonzaga are probably better postured to advance to the Sweet 16 or beyond, out of the west.
    Last edited by Tazio; 22nd March 2015 at 18:29.

We're getting punked

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Really?
    United in diversity !!!

10. Likes: Tazio (22nd March 2015)
    Half the team has food poisoning, I suspect foul play!